Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 612 - Jan 31, 2010

We didn't really do much today. Kevin and I did go and visit my dad for a little while, but really that's about it.

One thing I did do though, was teach him how to make french toast. As soon as he grabbed that spatula, he started flipping those babies like a pro. Lucky for me my camera was right there:


Ummm...this one went a little too high and he didn't catch it on the way down, lol.


We had fun doing this today and I can only hope that he will be more willing to learn to 'cook' some more types of food. I would like to get him to the point where he can pop a frozen pizza in the oven and know when it's done and maybe even cook something 'real' and not frozen. We'll see though. It's something that I will work on as it comes up, but it's not one of the things I am going to push yet.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL..............No more needs to be said............

Anonymous said...

Priceless.

You go Kevin.

Atta girl Mama Leslie.

Anonymous said...

Kevin looks like he's having a good time! The french toast looks so good too!
Hope your dad is going a little better.
Have a great Monday!
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious... :)
A.

Tracey from Pgh. said...

HAHA! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Kevin, You amaze and astound me with your wonderful humor and willing to try outlook as you conquer the mountains that you are climbing. Leslie, you inspire me with your tireless, gentle, yet encouraging love you give Kevin as you care for him. I am sorry I didn't know you both before May of '08, but am thankful to know you now.
Janet

Alison said...

Now I want some French Toast!!!!

Love the photos and glad to hear that you all had a good day. Hope your dad feels well soon.

Denver said...

Nice job, Kevin!

Bonnie Blankinship said...

There's an article in Tuesday's (2/2) Stars & Stripes talking about you and Kevin and about your situation as it applies to being Kevin's full time caregiver.

Jessica said...

Go Kevin! Maybe you've found your new calling and with your on-camera skills you can give Rachel Ray a run for her money!

Leslie, I've been thinking about your dad and praying for healing. Hope he's doing better today. Take care of yourself.