Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 619 - Feb 7, 2010

We had a very lazy day today. My family came down for dinner and that's about it.

I am excited to say that Kevin played XBox for a while tonight though. He lasted longer than ever before and that excites me. He gets so frustrated because he can't use that one handed controller very well, but I keep telling him that he just needs to practice. So tonight he pulled it out and started playing. I wish Maxim would get the 21 year old hired already!

So there really isn't anything else to tell you. I think I will sign off and scrapbook for a while.

4 comments:

Miss Em said...

He Leslie,

Let Kevin know that I agree with Mom. Practice does make perfect.

Glad to hear that you are now finding more time for yourself with things that let you clear the mind and Zone out.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Anonymous said...

What is Maxim ? I would think there would be MANY church youth group guys who LOVE to play video games and what a better influence on Kevin. I would contact several churches in the area. You usually find good people there. Sometimes "you" may find good friends there too, Leslie. What can it hurt to check it out ?

Anne V. said...

Hi Leslie, I'm very happy to hear (and see) of Kevin's incredible progress and hope that your dad is doing well. I wondered if it would be forward of me to ask my dear family friend who is an officer in the USAF at CENTCOM in Tampa, a veteran of Afghanistan (and a big kid, even though he's a forty-something like me LOL...) if he knew some young military guys who could come and hang with Kevin sometime? I think he could deliver and just wanted to ask you before I asked him... I know it is lonely for you guys here down south but we do care very much, we are neighbors and want to help in any way that we can...

Love, Anne

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I have a 6 y/o and a 40 y/o that would come down and play games with Kevin all day long if he wanted to :)
I've been trying to talk the hubby into moving to FL but with no jobs lined up or things like that it's kind of hard.

Have fun, stay safe and keep positive. You are doing such a great job!