Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 635 - Feb 23, 2010

The neurosurgeon told us we can probably go home by the end of the week (home being the Fisher House), but we are still working on pain management. After discussing things with the pain docs, we did increase his meds tonight. I sure hope this helps. I really hate seeing him in pain like he is.

We did manage to get him up and showered earlier today than normal and he and I went down to the cafeteria for lunch. It was nice to get him out of his room for a while and he really enjoyed it. He did have some pain after a while though, so we did kinda rush back to the room. All total, I think we were out and about for a good hour and a half.

He also went for about 3 or 4 walks today. We even walked Breezy down to the front door this evening when she left to go home. It's quite a distance for him and unfortunately, it still is always causing him pain. Maybe tomorrow things will be better with the increased meds.

I also asked for an ENT (ear, nose, throat) consult. He has been grabbing the bridge of his nose in pain for months and I wonder if the meds for the sinus infection didn't work (or even if it is a sinus infection). Hopefully they come tomorrow too.

And he is definitely getting the Picc line tomorrow. I am told he will be on the IV antibiotics for a minimum of 6 weeks so I am anxious to see how this works.

And now I need to get the laundry folded...

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hi Leslie, Kev & Breezy,

Haven't had a chance to leave a comment in the past week but I've been keeping up with your posts every day - please know that super huge loads of thoughts, prayers, support and angel hugs have been on their way to you all. And they always will be.

Saying extra prayers that you guys can get back to FH this week, and out of the hospital, but it does seem like Kev likes it there! :)

God bless you all and may He shower you with all of the superhuman strength that you need each and every day and more. I hope that your dad and mom are doing as well as they can be too. It's impossible to imagine the incredible weight on your shoulders Leslie.

God bless you.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI