Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 615 - Feb 3, 2010

Kevin and I spent the whole afternoon at the VA hospital having tests done. I took a look at the CT scans with the doctor and she actually explained to me how to 'read' them. Kevin definitely has some fluid buildup both on top and beneath the plate. It doesn't appear to have changed any since Dec though so I am not overly worried.

I did ask the doc to send us to a Dermatologist though. Maybe they will know what that spot is on Kevin's head? It's worth a shot so we shall see.

We also visited my dad who is back to his normal self. He is able to eat solid food now and they told him he may actually get to go home tomorrow. YAY! Amazing, right? Two days ago we thought he wouldn't ever get out of ICU and now he may be going home. I guess we can see where Kevin gets it, huh?

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Les, I'm soooooo happy to hear your Dad is doing better. That's so encouraging! Yay! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! :) I'm so glad you dad is doing better! :) I agree, you guys are like superhuman over there! You keep going no matter what gets in your way. That's wonderful! :)
Tell your dad we're thinking of him and continue to pray for all of you!
Have a great Thursday! It sounds like it's already looking good!
Kathy in IA

Cathy M said...

I am very happy to hear your dad is going home where he belongs!

Hugs....

Linda said...

that is so good to hear about your dad Leslie/!! I don't know if you heard about this yet, but last week they posted they are closing the doors on the Glassplant where I work as of July 1st ggrr This is such a blow to all of us that work there...but also for Clarion County and its economy. It is only remaining higher paid job in this area. all that is left is minimum wage...and they are all filled!