Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 616 - Feb 4, 2010

Would you believe that Kevin slept a full 8 hours straight last night/this morning? I actually left at 1pm to run to the DMV and he was still sleeping. Unbelievable! And it made such a difference to how he felt all day. You could just see how rested he was. I sure wish he would sleep like this every night.

So we didn't really do much today. I came home from my errands and Kevin and I went for groceries and it was kinda fun because we were there over 2 hours. We went up and down every single aisle and looked at everything. We just never do this. I hate shopping so I always just go grab what I need and get the heck out of there. Kevin loves to shop though. Mostly he just looks at everything and I think it's good for him. More often than not he remembers things from his past so it's almost like therapy.

And really that's all we did. We didn't have to go see my dad today because he came home from the hospital. I wanted to give him quiet time at home on his first day, but we will probably go see him tomorrow. Hopefully anyway...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about Kevin sleeping 8 hrs. I hope it continues.
Sounds like you had a good day shopping though. I agree, seeing things at the store probably gets him more familiarized with everything. Does he remember things he used to like just from the outsides of the boxes? What are his favorite foods?
I'm so glad you dad is home now! :) We continue praying for all of you!
Have a great weekend!
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear of a uneventful day and that your Dad made it home. We are in for some snow today, We are to get between 8-12" and a little less farther north. Is to start this afternoon and go all night and in the morning. So enjoy your weather and not having to drive in this. Have a good weekend.
Lorraine and Rick

Linda said...

oh how wonderful it must have been for you to have such an uneventful day...and 8 hrs sleep!! Good for both of you...something much needed

Lisa D in Cali said...

I love the grocery shopping as therapy thing...what a great way to spend time together and familiarize Kevin with every day things! So glad to hear about the sleeping and your Dad coming home too. Uneventful is GREAT!!!

Long-time RN said...

Wow, 8 hrs! Hope that's the start of a trend. Very good to hear your dad is home. An uneventful day sounds wonderful. Thoughts and prayers for your dad.