Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 613 - Feb 1, 2010

I had planned to take Kevin over to the hospital today, but it turns out my Dad now has MRSA. I plan to keep Kevin as far away as possible, although since we were there yesterday and didn't know about it - any damage could have already been done. I really just wish things would work out for my dad, but things aren't going as well as the doctors would've liked. I am keeping optimistic though. Always.

So instead, I went with Kevin to therapy and spent the time making phone calls. I also ran and picked up the forms for a handicap parking pass. Can you believe we aren't even able to park in a handicap spot (legally anyway)? There is just never time to do paperwork and I need to make it a priority.

Other than that, we just spent the rest of the day at home. We started to watch a movie tonight, but Kevin just couldn't get into it so he went to his room. At least he tried to stay in the living room - it's a start anyway.

And I think I am going to sign off and watch some mindless tv.

Janet - it was so nice to see your post! Are you in Tampa? If you are, I would love to get together!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of the MRSA, hopefully it is contained. I wish you all well and praying for your Dad.

Anonymous said...

Keeping everyone in my prayers...
A.

Miss Em said...

Hello Leslie,

Fingers crossed and prayers being said that Kevin wasn't contaminated with the 'MRSA'.

Read yesterdays posting. LOL on Kevin's flipping french toast.
AND yea-ya it did make me want french toast.

Prayers for your dad and all the family.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Anonymous said...

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Barbie L.

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
It's been awhile since I've left a comment but just wanted you to know that not a day has gone by that I havent thought about or said a prayer for you and your family.I loved seeing Kevin flipping the french toast and have to ask...where did the piece he tossed so high end up??? It brightens my day when I see Kevin's smile;so thanks for the pics.
Kim S

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
Just thinking about your comment on teaching Kevin more things to cook; do you have one of the electric sandwich cookers or one of the hot dog cookers?I have both and my granddaughter (6yrs)can use the sandwich maker to make the pizza and fruit mountain pies and grilled cheese.(lots of things can be made in it..we couldnt live without it in the summer heat)Also,the hot dog cooker toasts 2 buns and cooks 2 hotdogs at a time and it works like a toaster.The good news is that they both are inexpensive...less than $20 each and are sold at walmarts,targets etc.
Kim S