Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 611 - Jan 30, 2010

My dad is still in ICU and it looks like he might be for a while. Today I left Kevin with Parshall for about 6 hours (she picked up the extra 12 hours a week until they can find a 21 year old) and I went to the hospital and spent the afternoon with my dad. My mom went home and had dinner with the rest of the family that is still here and it was a much needed break for her.

Kevin handled it pretty well too. He didn't call me for about 4 1/2 hours! I keep saying that I am going to really work on the separation issue, but I rarely go anywhere to do so. This next week or two may be different though. Kevin can't handle being at the hospital long so I will be leaving him home while I visit my dad some of the time.

And even better today - he only needed pain pills twice all day long!! Yay! I don't expect these new drugs to take ALL of the pain away, but if it takes most of it I will be a happy person (as will Kevin!).

No comments: