Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 589 - Jan 8, 2010

We went to the VA again today to discuss the pain issues and when to begin detoxing Kevin. I guess I am a little confused because the last time we were there we were told that the docs would use Suboxone to detox Kevin as it takes away all of the symptoms of withdrawal, but then today we were told that only extreme addicts that are to the point of robbing people to get their drugs can get the Suboxone from the VA. Say what? I think that is just nuts! Once again, I think this system is totally messed up. You've got these guys and girls being wounded in combat, needing narcotics to handle the pain that their injuries cause and they can't get help with drug rehab? Yet some junkie that is wielding a gun to get his fix can? I honestly just don't understand this!

So I guess I need to figure out what to do on this one. I just wish something could be easy. It seems to be a foreign concept though, huh?

And although I am feeling better, I still don't feel super great. I took a four hour nap (and so did Kevin) after coming home from the VA today and you would think that that would keep me up all night, but I am still so tired. My mom tells me that it's because I'm run down and I suppose she's right.

And speaking of my mom, she now needs to go to the doctor because they found a tumor. I think my family is falling apart. I already told her that she's not allowed to have cancer because we already have enough on our plates. She goes to the docs on Monday so please keep her in your thoughts as well.

And since Kevin is already sleeping again too, I am going to bed.

8 comments:

Alison said...

Sending healing thoughts towards your mom as you all deal with this. Hopefully the doc visit reveals nothing serious.

And you're right...that is pretty ridiculous. If Kevin needs the help with detoxing then he should get it. Plain and simple. I hope the VA gets its act together and fast.

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for all of your family. I hope your mom's Dr. visit goes well.
Take care and have a nice weekend.
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Keeping you all in my prayers...
A.

Unknown said...

Sending strong faith energy and healing prayers for everyone concerned. You are run down, and those of us who read you each day, wonder how you are not more so. Rest and sleep as much as you can. Love, hugs and Prayers, Always.

Miss Em said...

High Leslie,

I am oh SO glad that you ARE feeling better. Get as much rest as you can and be sure to take an extra multi-Vitamin every day for about a week it should help get your system charged-up. [I do that whenever I am feeling ill or run-down.]

Candles lit and Prayers being said for your Mom. Fingers crossed with hopes that it is nothing serious. [Be sure to take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to slowly blank out your mind in order to center yourself and allow the stress to flow away. Stress can hurt you in ways that you do not realize.]

Can't get Suboxone with out a being an addict with a gun?
HUH!
WTF!
O-kay.

Sounds like any warrior that is in need of detox from prescribe meds for their injuries needs to walk into the doctors office with a gun in his hand which is pointing in the direction of the doctor while screaming at the doctor the following, "DOC, I NEED THAT DRUG!"

Do you think that if every Warrior did that that the rule would be changed? Probably not. But, it sure would bring to the attention of the public that our Warriors are being put through an unnecessary hell of emotional stress which some of our Warriors should NOT have to deal with PERIOD.

It maybe cold there but here in the Atlanta area we got snow-lite stuff, which went straight to ice when it hit the streets and sidewalks. That was Thursday night. Today it's 23 degrees and it's still out there. Makes driving very, very interesting since 90% of Atlanta has NO idea how to drive on the damn stuff. Me, I'm staying inside.

Take care of yourself. [Naps are nice--so sneak one in as much as you can]

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Anonymous said...

Really WTF.....something needs to be changed here. I am all for anyone who wants to "get clean", but......come on give those who need it because of injury etc.should get the first chance....those that rob and steal for drugs need to be in jail.......after awhile they will get clean. Makes no sense to me.
Thoughts with your Mom and the rest of your family. Can I ask for a prayer for my 1 year old grandson? He is in Children's (Pitt) with MRSA. Please if you all would say a prayer I would appreciate it. Thank You I am sitting here on line, cause I don't know what to do with myself....pacing doesn't work

Miss Em said...

Annonymous...1:44p

Special candle lit.
Prayers being said.

Glad to help a wee one.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and I will be thinking of her on Monday. I'm praying that it's just benign and that she'll have the best outcome possible.

The VA rules are seriously ridiculous! Enough said.

I'm praying for you and your family. Hope you and Kevin got some rest last night. Take care of yourself.