Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 593 - Jan 12, 2010

Kevin was in a much better mood today - MOST of the time. He and Ronnie went for a couple of walks and then I took them to the mall and dropped them off for a bit. After that we went to Target and then came home and the boys watched a movie while Tracy and I got through organizing more of the den.

I had hoped to go to the Manatee Viewing Center today, but we didn't make it there. Maybe tomorrow. I just want to do something fun while Tracy and Ronnie are here.

And speaking of Ronnie, it's so wonderful to hear Kevin say "Hey Ron" when he wants Ronnie's attention. He can't say Ronnie, but he can say Ron pretty clearly. It's almost like...for one second in time...Kevin is normal. Just talking to his friend. KWIM?

And unfortunately, I am not feeling too good again - I so hope it's just today. I just feel so tired and I can barely keep my eyes open. Tracy went outside to talk on the phone at about 9pm and I crawled in bed for just a second and took an hour long nap. I really should have just stayed in bed, but I hadn't written the blog yet and I knew we needed to get through some more of the piled up mail in the den.

Oh and before I forget - thanks for all the emails and comments about "South Pacific". I was referring to the stage production. I had hoped that Tracy and I could get a night out and it was playing tonight and tomorrow night here in Tampa, but it's not looking like it's going to happen. Bummer.

And before I sign off, to anonymous with the grandson that has MRSA - I am so glad he made it home from the hospital! And yes - that MRSA is some nasty stuff! I hope it's the last of it for both of us! Kevin just finished his antibiotic on Friday. He took it for almost four months.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

You take care of YOU!

Anita

Anonymous said...

Leslie again thank you for well wishes for our lil guy. Things seem to be going well, have to wait til this round of meds. are finished to see where he stands.

Hope you are feeling better today ! Take care of yourself.

Cathy M said...

Leslie,

Gosh, I wish you would try to sleep more. I know you want to work on your scrapbook and clean the den, etc., but you sound exhausted. You well know the advice that caregivers need care, too. If you crash then you won't be able to help Kevin. Yes, I know, I know, easier said than done... but I DO worry about you.

Cathy M

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Kevin was in a much better mood today! Yeah!!! Hopefully it continues. Have fun with your company! :)
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Jessica said...

I loved those photos of Princess! How cute is she? I'm so glad she loves Kevin.

That's great that Kevin had some fun with Ronnie and got a little "guy time" with him.

Hope you're feeling better today! You don't need to get sick! How is your mom doing? I was thinking of her on Monday during her appt. Praying for you guys! Take care.