Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 596 - Jan 15, 2010

I am feeling a little bit better than last night. It's just going to all work out the way it should, I guess.

So we couldn't get a neurosurgeon to see him today. To be honest, we can't get him in before Wednesday (and even that's not a sure thing). Because we wouldn't even be able to get a flight from the VA before Monday, we are just going to stay here and see what we can find out. If they can't get us in Wed or Thurs, then I will make alternate arrangements.

I will say that Kevin's face is getting a little bit swollen, but he has no other signs of ICP (intercranial pressure). My mom wondered if he might have an abscessed tooth and I have to admit it's a possibility. He hasn't seen a dentist since being wounded and they say IED blasts have a definite effect on teeth. I'm not sure though if that would have anything to do with the fluid buildup though.

I guess we'll see how the weekend goes. If something really bad happens, I do have the option of taking him to the emergency room. It's just that right now the two doctors at Tampa General that aren't on vacation are the two doctors from the VA. Let's just all keep our fingers crossed as I will probably drive him to Sarasota before I will let either of those two touch Kevin.

So to some great stuff - Kevin and Ronnie have been wandering around the world. Ok, that may be an exaggeration, but they have been heading out every day and doing 'things'. Yesterday they went to dinner together at Olive Garden and today they drove over to St Pete to The Pier to see my niece, Chrissy. They also went to dinner tonight too and I can't tell you how awesome it was to see the boys go out and do fun things. I so wish Ronnie lived here! Kevin has been having such a blast and it's going to be so sad to take Ronnie back to the airport tomorrow evening.

But, we have no choice. Tomorrow he has to go home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better than last night. So many decisions it seems. You handle everything better than most that's for sure! :)
I'm so glad Kevin and Ronnie have been having fun! Right before you said I wish Ronnie lived here, that's exactly what I was thinking! Well you never know! :) I'm so happy that Ronnie visits! Kevin needs that friendship with guys his age.
Have a great weekend! Hope it is an uneventful one!
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed...
A.