Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 588 - Jan 7, 2010

I feel much better today. Still not up to par completely, but way better than yesterday.

We did take Kevin to the VA today, but it didn't go over too well. He was in a lot of pain while trying the brace on and they want him to go back to OT before attempting this again. I have to give this some thought because it means we go back up to 4 days a week of therapy. I am really just not sure what to do because the occupational therapist that we were going to told us that the therapy really hadn't been making any difference. Yet when they turned the e-stem on, I watched his hand begin to open.

I just really don't know which way to go. I think I want to talk to the therapists at BAMC before making any decision. They were the ones that worked with him last and they may be more in-tune with the reality of the situation.

And Tracy is coming on Saturday - what a surprise! It's good timing because Kevin will be busy with Ronnie and Tracy and I can get the rest of this house in order.

Poor Tracy and Ronnie. Wait til they see that it is freezing here! It's definitely not vacation weather. We are wearing sweatshirts and winter coats! Yuk!

And now I am going to leave y'all with some photos of Kevin today. The first three are him at physical therapy. The last one is him sitting on the floor checking out his MySpace page. (oh - and if anyone local to Pittsburgh recognizes the therapist - that's where she's from!)




2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Good to read you're feeling better, Leslie.

Nothing's easy. Sounds like there'll be further investigation and decisions to make regarding the e-stem.

Hey, nice Bears poster on the door in the first photo!! ;)

Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better today!

That's really encouraging that Kevin's hand opened today, even though he wasn't ready for it yet. I really hope they can get him to a point where he can use the brace, but I can see why you hesitate at so much therapy time. I'll pray that God will give you guidance to make the right decision for Kevin and for you. Your instincts have always been good.

Enjoy your time with Tracy and Ronnie tomorrow! If they're coming from up north, it will still seem warm to them!

I'll be praying for you and Kevin. Take care.