Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 590 - Jan 9, 2010

I feel so much better today. Parshall came because her car broke down on Thursday and she couldn't come that day. It made it nice because I was able to get some much needed mail opened and I made a huge dent into getting the den organized. It still needs so much more work, but I am getting there.

And I messed up the day - Tracy is coming tomorrow, not today. Today my nephew Scott came though. I think he is planning to get a job and stay here, which will be great help for my mom and dad.

And I also scrapped all night tonight. Kevin has only called me a few times and I managed to get 4 layouts done. In one night even! It's early too, so I think I am going to continue scrapping. I haven't felt up to it due to being sick and I set a goal for myself to do a minimum of 2 layouts a week in 2010. I am now caught up (pretty bad that the first week of the year I failed at my goal, huh? LOL)! I think my creativity is back because Josh got my stereo hooked up up here and I can finally listen to music!

OH! I almost forgot! Kevin went for 3 walks around the block all by himself today! (and yes - it's frigid here! It gave me an excuse to make Hot Cocoa though - which I bought forgetting that I now live in Florida!). He was so excited and I was so proud of him. At first, I watched him as far as I could out the window, but he has made such great strides that I believe he can be trusted to go around the back end block. There's basically no traffic back there so I felt safe letting him go.

Oh - and I decided to not make any decisions this week about detox and OT and just enjoy the fact that Ronnie will be here with Kevin and Tracy will be here to help me get things in order. It's gonna be a mini working vacation.

So I will leave you with a question: Has anyone seen the Broadway show South Pacific? I would love some reviews...

2 comments:

Liz said...

Are you referring to the South Pacific playing at Lincoln Center, or the show in general? I haven't seen the Lincoln Center one, but it's probably gorgeous... it has a great design team.

The show itself is cute. It has tons of songs you probably recognize ("There is Nothing Like a Dame"; "Some Enchanted Evening"; "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair"), the music is pretty, and it's got some funny parts. There's a distinct sense of longing about it though, which I guess isn't necessarily unusual for a show about soldiers stationed far from home.

Retta said...

Les....
If you are talking about a stage production, it's amazing. I so enjoyed it when it played in Vancouver, B C....what a spectacular evening...I hated to see it end!!