Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 607 - Jan 26, 2010

Kevin was sick all night again last night, but he woke up today and was completely fine all day long. Keep your fingers crossed that he stays this way.

I did take him off the medication I talked about last night and I know it could be a coincidence, but no matter what - he is feeling great tonight. He even ate a very healthy portion of turkey, stuffing, yams, homemade noodles, mashed potatoes and garlic green beans. A VERY healthy portion, lol.

So like I said, he was feeling really well. My parents brought the baby with them today and here are some pics of Ellie with Kevin and Breezy:

In this first one, Kevin somehow managed to get down on the floor to lay with her. Let me assure you - it takes a lot more to get up than it does to get down. He couldn't do it and I had to basically lift him off the floor (thank goodness this was before dinner, lol!)

And Breezy was learning how to handle a baby that is getting a tooth - haha.


And last, here's Kevin just holding her. You should hear him talk 'baby talk', lol.



And that pretty much sums up our day. Dinner was really nice and that was really important to me. I wanted to make sure my dad had a great meal before his surgery. He won't be able to eat tomorrow at all so this was it.

And now I am going to go and scrap for a while. Hopefully anyway...

9 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad to hear Kevin had a good day and was able to enjoy his dinner. I'm so relieved he had no signs of ICP and I'm crossing my fingers that the vomiting WAS caused by the medication. I just love those photos of him and the baby! They obviously love each other.

What a relief about your mom! I was so worried about her and it's such an answer to prayer.

I'll be praying for your dad on Thursday, and for your family as you anxiously wait during the surgery. Try to take care. I'm glad you can be with your family right now and lean on each other for support.

Anne V. said...

I am very glad that Kevin is feeling better and I'm sending prayers and best thoughts for your dad and your family tomorrow. The pictures were so sweet (as were the videos from a previous post- Kevin has a great sense of humor and a spirit that shines through!)

Love, Anne

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about anti-inflammatories. I just took a little more than usual, started vomiting (which I NEVER do) and for a year or more I had to go on a 'sensitive stomach' diet until I just cut back on the drug and then all my stomach problems disappeared.

And I can still use the drug, just more judiciously. Someone told me those drugs thin your stomach lining and it's a fine line between an okay amount and too much . . .

Hope that's all it is!

Anonymous said...

What heartwarming pictures. Makes you just feel warm all over. The dinner sounds yummy. So glad your Dad's last supper was so good. We will all be praying that your Dad gets the good answers that your Mother got. God Bless you all. That little baby is a true blessing. She sure takes everyones mind off of not pleasant things.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you...
A.

Anonymous said...

lOVE THE PICTURES!! Did Breezy move back or is she just visiting? Did I miss a post? I am lost...:( LOL
Love ya
Sue

Barb said...

Leslie,

We don't know why God throws us into chaos but I do know that when we face our challenges we become incredibly strong. I'm a Soldier's Angel and I want you to know we pray for you and other families every night. You have given so much. Kiss Kevin and let him know we are all thinking and praying for you.

Barb

Michelle Long said...

Best of luck to your Dad tomorrow and you all will be in my prayers!!

Long-time RN said...

Wonderful pictures! Can't add any more to what others have written. Prayers for your dad and Kevin.