Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 610 - Jan 29, 2010

It looks like my dad will be in ICU for at least the weekend as he got pneumonia. He's been keeping us entertained as he is pretty doped up. He is also demanding great grandchildren 'before he dies' (his words), but I told him none better come from either of my kids. I did take Kevin over to see him today and Kev did pretty well for the most part.

I also took Kevin to see the doctor today because he has been grabbing the bridge of his nose for a few days and sure enough - he has a sinus infection. I am so hoping that the new meds they put him on take away all of the pain he has been having. This could so be the reason as we all know how painful those things are. I think the meds are starting to kick in because he hasn't asked for any pain medication for hours now. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

You've got your hands full, as usual. Prayers for your dad. Hope Kevin is feeling a whole lot better.

Jessica said...

Oh dear, I hope your dad is recuperating! Poor guy. He doesn't need one more thing to go wrong!

Glad that you were able to catch Kevin's sinus infection and I hope he's doing better today.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.