Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 585 - Jan 4, 2010

Did you ever just have one of those uber-productive days? My mom and I got so much done today. We will be having a lot of company this month so we really need to get this house in order. Kevin's best friend, Ronnie, will be coming down on Monday for a week and my whole family will be coming down toward the end of the month for my dad's surgery. Breezy will also be coming then.

So anyway, Kevin allowed Parshall to take him to therapy again and my mom and I stayed home and got the tree taken down and all of the spare bedrooms completely cleaned, organized and ready. I also cooked a nice big meal and even made cupcakes for dessert.

And the best part of all of it - I never left the house today. I just LOVE days like this.

So Kevin was very excited because he learned a few more words today. He learned orange, corn, car, boring and butter. He is really picking up a lot of words, but the problem is getting them to stick. Learning to say them when he needs to. It's something to work on and it's something we always DO work on. We'll get there. I know we will.

And tomorrow we plan to go to the movies. This is the one area where Kevin is still child-like. We are going to see Alvin & the Chipmunks. He just LOVES animated kiddie movies. I do too, but I'm a woman and we like stuff like this, lol. Previous to Kev being wounded, I couldn't pay him to see anything like this. So anyway, that's on the list of fun things to do for tomorrow. Here's hoping it's a good movie!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie Uber productive! That made me laugh the only other person i have ever use that word is David Bromstad[?] from color splash. Do you watch the show. Anyway thought that was cute. I will be praying for your dad, and always for you and Kev.

Anonymous said...

Chipmunks... you will like it!

Chris, PA said...

Leslie, please let me know what you thought of the movie and did Kevin like it? My grandson wants to see it, I would rather see Avatar but you know who rules :>).

Tracey from Pgh. said...

Doesn't it feel great to get stuff like that done? Good for you, Leslie. I took my 4 year old daughter to see the Chipmunks over the weekend. It was her first movie at the theater. It was very cute. I love animated movies as well - probably better than most adult movies. :)

Anonymous said...

My sisters, neices and I may be going this weekend to see that movie. I loved the chipmunk one they put out last year. It was really cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Jamie and her husband David saw the movie she loved it. Enjoy
Lorraine