Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 335 - May 1, 2009

I have been sitting here trying to open this post with a great one liner to let y'all know how thoroughly frustrated and disgusted I am. I can't really do it justice, so what I wrote must suffice. To put the 'why' out there - we are still in Tampa. Kevin and I sat at the hospital all day and never 'got the call'. We are supposedly scheduled to fly out tomorrow around noon, but I guess we'll see won't we? This kind of thing just really bothers me. You can't tell me that the military is that disorganized.

So anyway, Kevin and I are both staying at the Clarion Hotel tonight so that we are close to the hospital because we have no idea what time the ambulance will be picking him up. I gotta say - I just don't know how Breezy did it. This place is DISGUSTING! I will not take my shoes off unless laying in bed and I plan to close my eyes soon and pretend I am at the Hilton. It's the only way I am going to be able to get through this.

And I am, once again, going to cut this short tonight because the cord to my laptop is buried in my suitcase and I am just too lazy to dig it out. We are only allowed to take one suitcase between the two of us so it is jam packed.

Just keep us in your thoughts again tomorrow, please...

5 comments:

Angie said...

First time poster here but have read from day 1. I will be praying for y'all. May God Bless y'all. Praying for a safe trip.

The Rock said...

Leslie , I hope you get to your Destination save and in one piece !
And stay away from sick people. The Swine flue , or whatever they want to call it, is spreading steadily !

I talked to my Hubby about going to PA , for Kevin's Ceremony , but my " Soldier " said , he can't go because it would remind him about Vietnam and I understand. He has been living with PTSD for the last decades, he has restless Leg syndrome and he is 80% Disabled .
( All Service connected )
It is a shame that when the Soldiers are coming home , they feel so lost . He had a skull fracture in Nam and he just can't handle to see another Soldier being wounded . I was sad, because I figured he would say yes !
I guess we all fight our Demons in one way or another.
Stay save and have a good flight !
You are in my Prayers !

Hugs
Petra
S.A.
" Living Legends Team "

Anonymous said...

I am really surprise they are going to ship you to Texas and not wait until all this H1N1 Swine flu crap dies down. Kevin is probably immuno-compromised after all he has been through. He has had 335 days of hospital life, leaving him open for many things. I hope and pray this trip is a good thing and just doesn't add another "bump" in his great progression of healing. There is no way that anyone can tell me we only have 100+ cases of this virus. I think it has been here for weeks and that we are just becoming aware. Please be careful and MAKE EVERYONE practice hand hygiene. you are allowed to tell healthcare workers to wash their hands - make sure they wash or sanitize long enough - should be able to sing Happy Birthday the whole way for the amount of time you wash. Make sure nobody obviously sick cares for him. Please, please be careful. Be particularly careful with the docs. I have found the nurses and techs, etc practice good infection control but sometimes docs forget about it because they "are so busy". take care. Good Luck!

Long-time RN said...

Sure hope you get 'the call' to proceed. The hotel sounds raunchy!

Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers for safe travel and great care for Kevin in Texas.

Lucy Jane said...

I pray that you and Kevin won't be left sitting around at the "beautiful" hotel twiddling your thumbs while waiting for a flight. As others have expressed their concern for his health, I will only ditto that and say I am praying really hard that he will stay healthy. Kevin you've come so far...once you get this done, you can get back to your new home!

Angel Hugs,
Terri