Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 334 - Apr 30, 2009

I was just sitting in here browsing the internet this evening and all of a sudden I heard footsteps throughout the house. I was thinking "What? No flippin' way! I'll kill him!!" so I jumped up and sure enough - here comes Kevin walking all by himself from the living room to the den. My heart about fell to the floor and it was so darn hard not to reprimand him. I didn't want to crush his independent spirit so I waited until he nearly fell over and calmly explained that that is why he really needs to have someone near him for a few more weeks.

I swear - if I live through this it will be a miracle!

So I'm not sure what was really going on today, but Kevin wouldn't do any therapies. He refused PT and only did a half hour of speech and OT didn't show up (like normal) so it was really a wasted trip over to the hospital. I wish we could just skip it sometimes, but it's not really an option I guess.

And I'm not sure if I will be able to write or not tomorrow. We have no idea what time we are leaving so we could get a call at 3am and have to rush out the door then or we could leave tomorrow evening or even a different day. We just don't know. Being that things are that uncertain, I just wanted to let y'all know that if nothing is written - don't panic.

And to finish off for today (because I still have to pack yet) here are a couple of photos from yesterday. Kevin's friend Karl's dad came to visit and this is a picture of Kev and Marc. Karl is in the Air Force stationed in Utah.



And this one is of Kevin and myself. These are so rare because I am always behind the lens, lol.



Everyone keep your fingers crossed that our flight goes well. We aren't sure if Kevin can handle the pressure in his head so really keep us in your thoughts tomorrow! This may end up being a horrible event, but I sure think it will go fine...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Even though Kevin still needs someone near him while walking- it is exciting at the same time! :) A few more weeks- that's great! I don't get why OT isn't showing. That would be so frustrating. (Esp. since Kevin doesn't want to go to the hospital and then this happens.)
I hope your flight leaves as planned tomorrow and can't wait to hear all about your travels and everything down there!
Thanks for sharing all of the pictures! We really enjoy them! :)
I will pray that things go smoothly on your flight and also there.
Have a safe trip!
Kathy in IA

Kris said...

Hi everyone!! Saying LOADS of extra prayers for you all today, that it's a safe and uneventful trip to TX. We're all out here praying for you and praying with you every step of the way! That is one thing that you can count on -- always!!

I'm not sure where East Brady is in relation to Rhode Island but I can tell you this - if I can make it to that ceremony, I WILL FOR SURE. Everyone loves the RI contingent at most events HA HA HA.

God bless you Leslie, Kev & Breezy. Thoughts, prayers, support and loads and loads of extra special Angel Hugs are always on their way to you.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Vicki Chrisman said...

Hey Les!! Sorry I have been absent... but I've been having major computer problem. It's driving me nuts! I'm atleast on the laptop now .. it doesnt have all my files ect..but it will do iin a pinch. I'm trying to catch up over there and see what's new with you guys. The photos look great!!! I teach this weekend here in NE and then leave for MI for a week on Tues. I'll be doing alot of catching up with blog reading then. I think of you often friend!

Anonymous said...

I will get the Central Park Jogger sent to you from Amazon. Do I use the Snowden Hall Place address?

Hugs,

Cathy M

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how GOOD Kevin looks. He looks wonderful. I, too, will be at his ceremony. Brady's just up the river from FC. I would love to meet you and your family. Have been a faithful Kevin follower since day one. I have cried with you, smiled with you, laughed with you, felt your pain, felt your fears...I just feel like I know you guys. I have spread Kevin's story to anyone who will listen to me- including many in public office.
I hope all goes well with Kevin.
In my thoughts and prayers,
Hallie

Jessica said...

I hope your flight went as planned today and that Kevin handled the pressure well, without pain. I'll be praying that the surgeries go well and that they're everything Kevin hoped they would be. Also praying for you and thinking of you all!