Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 319 - Apr 15, 2009

Nothing much happened today. Kevin spent the afternoon with my nephew, Anthony, while I went and placed the order for the pool. It looks like the bulk of the work will be done while we are in Texas - Yay!!! I was worried about Kevin handling all of the noise while they are digging it out and everything. I still don't know how long we will be in TX, but surely a couple of weeks at least.

And it turns out that the Army will not pay for our things to be moved down here. Boy, I really have a problem with that. I think it's just wrong! But, our case manager is working on trying to get some help to get our things shipped down, so please keep your fingers crossed.

And to answer a question that a few of you have asked - Breezy is in Texas. She went there to visit her friends from when we were there and is now dating one of them. She will be staying there - at least for a while. It's kinda weird not having her around, but we talk every day on the phone so it's ok. I know it's time that she move on with her life. Kevin is doing well enough now that we both feel comfortable with her doing that.

And tomorrow we plan to go to the beach! I sure hope that this goes well. And don't worry - I have it all planned out; from Solumbra clothing, 60 spf sunscreen, hat, gloves, umbrellas (2), and a special wheelchair that goes in the sand (not sure if it goes into the water though). I just can't wait to see how Kevin reacts to this...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

More exciting news! Can't wait to see pictures of the pool!

When EXACTLY are you two going back to Texas? Do you know yet?

Glad things are going well for Breezy. :-)

Have fun at the beach, and we wants pictures!! LOL

TO TRACY AND KIM AND ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE COOKBOOKS - I just received mine, and I have to say, they are FANTASTIC!! Thank you so much for all your time and efforts and hard work that went into those cookbooks. You all did a great job!! Thank you!

Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin!
Healing thoughts for Les' dad.
Strength for Leslie and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

Kevin & Leslie,

It was great to see you today, though brief. i am so happy you got in the house. I look forward to getting together. Enjoy your week. let the good times roll!
Jennifer

Jessica said...

The house looks great and it's nice that Kevin has so much room to wheel around in. He looks absolutely thrilled in the photos! I'm so glad that things are finally coming together for him, with the house and the surgery.

It's good to know that Breezy is moving on and I wish her the best. I'll be thinking of you all and praying for you.