Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 325 - Apr 21, 2009

Kevin was much better today. He wasn't sleeping all day and he participated in therapy. He was also very excited to get his very own brand new wheelchair!! I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow, but he ordered a bright red one and it has an emblem on the back of a Purple Heart/Combat Wounded Medal and an Army decal too. He was just so excited! To be honest, I was kinda surprised because he just isn't big on change, ya know?

Tomorrow is our video conference with BAMC. I just can't wait to see how this goes. I think there will be quite a few shocked doctors because of how far Kevin has come! I am also anxious to get rolling on his reconstructive surgeries. We really need to get those eyes and his neck done quickly.

Well, my darling daughter has just called so I am going to cut this short and BS with her for a while...

5 comments:

Alison said...

Can't wait to see a photo of the new chair! If Kevin is excited then we're all excited too.

Hope all goes well with the video conference and the planning for the next stage of recovery.

Long-time RN said...

Always great to read of progress! Glad to read Kevin's spirits are lifted!

Thoughts and prayers as you move into the next phase.

Kris said...

The docs are gonna be floored when they see how far Kevin has come!! Good luck with the video conference, hope that they are able to answer all of your questions to your satisfaction. Know that we'll all be out here praying for you and praying with you on the next leg of your journey. Actually, that's a lie, we'll all be out here forever!

God bless you all. Thoughts, prayers, support and loads of angel hugs are always coming your way.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Miss Em said...

Hi Leslie

Think about this...

If Kevin is in his new chair out in public then the Emblems will MORE than likely get a lot more Thank You's with smiles than looks of pity.

Kevin will be sitting up straighter with his chest puffed out and a Warrior's attitude shining out of his eyes. Tell him he better get ready to say a lot of 'Your Welcome.'

Can't wait to see the new chair pic's. Oh are the wheels all terrain?

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
My computer was down for over a month and I finally sat down last night and got to read all of your posts. I am so glad that things are going so well for you guys!! The house looks great. I'm glad you finally got it!! I will still keep you all in my prayers. Take care!!

Jen from Petrolia