Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 348 - May 14, 2009

We are HOME!! I got the call at about 7am and we had to be at the hospital by noon today. I can't begin to tell y'all how wonderful it is to be home. Kevin was just one happy person all day. What a transformation.

And I am not going to write anything much tonight because we just spent the day in flight and I am too tired to type a lot.

In the meantime, you may all remember that we had lunch with my friend Janet last week and I would like to ask that everyone keep her son, Matt, in their thoughts for a little bit. He had surgery today and it didn't turn out as they had hoped. He will be fine, but it just could've been better.

Catch everyone tomorrow.

Oh - and to the person that asked where we would like to be on day 365 - home in PA. I am working on that right now - there's a little thing called convalescent leave and I have put in for it. If we get it, Kevin and I are driving to PA and it is my goal to be there on his anniversary. He wants to come home so bad and I do too.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Denver said...

I hope Kevin gets leave time and it works out!!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK with coming home!!!!!! I know everyone in Brady would be so happy to see you guys!!!!!!!! I hope you get here!!! That would just be great!!!!


Maybe see you soon!!!

Jen

Jodi said...

YAY! Glad you made it back to Florida.

I will keep Janet's son in my thoughts.

I hope all goes well for you two to get back to PA for the year anniversary. I can't believe we are almost there. It doesn't seem like that long ago...what a year...

About all the pictures yesterday...THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting them! You ALL look FANTASTIC and happy and you made me laugh and cry. :-) I just keep going back to them and laughing!

Healing and positive thoughts for Kevin.
Strength for Les and Breezy.
Safe thoughts for all military personnel and strength for their families.
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Miss Em said...

Leslie

One of the comments from yesterday mentioned a big brother for wounded warriors.

Suggestion...

Veterans of Foriegn Wars

Explain what you would like for Kevin to the President of that Chapter. Then ask if he/she could find out if there would be any Vet interested in being availble to do some "guy things" with Kevin. These Vets might be willing to give Kevin the time and energy when non-Vets won't. These Vets would understand Kevin's heart and soul better than most non-Vets especially if some were members of "The Herd".

Give it a try...nothing ventured...nothing gained.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Mommaski said...

I am so glad Kevin has made it home !!! If you are looking for a "Sky Soldier Big Brother" let me know and I will put you in touch with someone close by. My love and prayers are with you. Mommaski

Deb "Mommaski" Yashinski
Gold Star Chairperson
deborayashinski@yahoo.com

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you're home and in your own space! Hopefully next time will work out better.

I loved the pictures from yesterday, especially the racing ones! What a riot. Just seeing that impish grin on Kevin's face makes me smile.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers and I'll be praying that you'll be able to be home in PA on day 365.