Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 549 - Nov 29, 2009

Today my friend Karen and her husband Mark came for a visit. They were in Daytona Beach for vacation and they drove over for the day. It was just so nice to see her and to be able to visit with an old friend from back in my high school days.

What was even greater was that when I told Kevin they were coming he remembered who they were. He told me that he went to Niagara Falls with them - I didn't even have to mention it. It just makes me smile when I see how far he has come in the last few months. He is remembering more and more and is also able to understand a lot of things he couldn't before.

And now I am cutting it short and heading to bed. I'm sure it will be hours yet before I get to sleep as Kevin calls me at least 25 times through the night, but I am going to try anyway. It is so exhausting doing everything because now Kevin can't get out of bed to help himself at all.

Just one night of uninterrupted sleep would be so awesome...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever try Melatonin for sleep for Kevin?

It is natural and can be bought in the Vitamin section.

Susan