Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 525 - Nov 5, 2009

Guess what?!! No build-up of fluid overnight!!!! I am so excited! If it stays down and there are no other complications - we should be home by the end of next week. I can't wait!

And Kevin did go to therapy today. A student came in and played cards with him which made the time go so much better.

I want to interject here that we don't really have any problems with the therapists in FL - Kevin gets along very well with all of them. I try not to go back in with him, but I think they always joke around and carry on - just like Pam does. That's what Kevin needs - people to just acknowledge him and keep him entertained (when he wants to be, that is).

I also want to say that the therapist here isn't speaking to Kevin because he can't talk - I think she is just a quiet girl. She is super nice, she just doesn't talk much. And I understand that people have their traits, it just makes it hard for Kevin to just sit there for an hour.

And other than that, I just did laundry and sat here all afternoon and watched the horrible events of what happened at Ft Hood. My thoughts are surely with all of those families.

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Yea for the little things like the fluid!!! Hope this is your last weekend in Texas for awhile. Went to my nephews confirmation last nite at St Fidelas near the farm show grounds was very nice.
Take care, Love ya all, Lorraine and Rick

Anonymous said...

That is great news!
Prayers continuing...
A.

Miss Em said...

Hello Lesli,

Great with the fluids!! Won't uncross the fingers to I hear you ALL are headed back to Fla.

I am happy to hear that Kevin's theropist in Fla are on the Same page as Pam is in Texas.

Sounds like the "quiet girl" theropist there in Texas needs some more training in "how to motovate your clients" Especially those who have difficulty speaking.

When you get done with your Laundry you can come do mine. I don't mind the washing/drying it the folding that I find a
'drudge'-er-ry. ;-)

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Kris said...

WOOHOO!!! As Miss Em said, I'm not uncrossing anything until we're sure!! Saying extra prayers that the fluid build ups are gone. You must want to get back to your own place and near your dad & mom in the worst way.

Also saying extra prayers for everyone at Ft. Hood. Horrifying. Just horrifying.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Jessica said...

That's wonderful! I'm so thrilled to hear his body is absorbing fluid well. Hope today went just as well as yesterday. I'm praying that you'll all be able to go home to FL next week!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for adding all of the pictures. Kevin has really come a long way. I will keep my eyes open for shot glasses for Kevin. It would be fun to be able to see the looj on his face when he opens all of the packages. My thoughts and prayers are always with all of you. You truely are an amazing family.