Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 534 - Nov 14, 2009

I don't know where this day went, lol. I just looked down and saw it was nearly 3am and realized I hadn't even written the blog yet.

So Kevin and I had a really good flight. It was completely uneventful and I must say the quietest flight I have ever been one. I don't think a word was spoken by anyone the whole time. Very strange...

But we are home! Yay! It's just so nice to be here sitting on our own couch and watching our own tv.

And now I am going to cut this short and hit my very own bed. I am just so tired as Kevin needed to show me every single thing in his room over the last few hours. He must have forgotten he had all these things...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a really good flight and that you are home again! :) That's funny that Kevin was showing you all of his things. It sounds like he missed home as well. :)
Have a great Sunday!
Kathy in IA

Miss Em said...

Hi Leslie,

Being gone for so long and with TBI many of the things that Kevin showed you was like finding new things again.
Plus the ones he was able to remember he wanted you to know that he did remember them which means that the excitement level was high as a kite.
Think about his reaction when he saw each one of them and make note of the ones he did remember and the look on his face and in his eyes.
Be sure to keep a written log that way you can compare it to the next time that you come back from a long trip. Any change one way or the other should help you to understand how long his short term/long term memory is progressing in its recovery.
I know more paper work but I think this one might be a help.

Yeah for being home.
Yeah for being able to sleep in your own bed.
Yeah for your kitchen with ovens. Yumm! Yumm! Stuffin.

Have fun and enjoy your stay before you have to return to San Antonio and Breezy.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Anonymous said...

That seemed so precious to me.....that Kevin wanted to show you all his things.

I'm glad you are back home again without incident, and that all is ok.

Continued prayers for you all,
Anita

Lorraine said...

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Hope your Dad is doing OK. It is great to come home especially with all the stress you are under, I would hate to know your blood pressure. Take care, and Breezy take care in TX.
Lorraine and Rick

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are back home safely and close to family that loves you. Praying for continued healing for Kevin, and some peace and relaxation for you.
Love, Aunt Mona