Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 547 - Nov 27, 2009

I called so many tire places to get a new tire today and nobody has one that size? What the heck?!!

I had to give up after a while as the podiatrist was waiting for us to get to the hospital. Because Breezy had my car keys in Texas (which I got in the mail today - my parents searched our house for 2 months and all that time they were in Breezy's coat pocket, lol), we were totally car-less so Parshall (Kevin's aide) ran us to the hospital.

It must have been a resident that we saw because we have to go back on Monday and see the attending, but she did give Kevin a cam-boot for now. She told us there is a fragment of bone that is just floating around near his ankle and she thinks it's been there all along. She said it's possible the bike ride, or even if him walking in the shoes made for the bike, might have aggravated it. There is no way to know for sure. He could've slept on it wrong too.

Ann - I will let you know who the doc ends up being. I will try to request the ones you suggested, but we'll see. I am so glad that worked out for Mark! Miss you around here!

So Kev pretty much has to lay around in bed as much as possible. I haven't figured out what this is going to do to our therapy schedule yet. I guess we'll figure that out on Monday.

And now I think I will go scrap for a bit. Hope everyone had a good Black Friday. I regret not being able to catch some of the sales, but I would never go anyway as I can't stand the crowds.

(Cathy M - I hope your mom is doing ok? And Kristen - when will you hear the test results of your Mom's?)

2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

A bone chip isn't fairly common. Problems arise when the chip moves or aggravates surrounding structures. Hopefully Kevin won't have to have surgery, but if he does, hopefully the chip can be removed via a scope.

Hope you find a tire!

Cathy M said...

Leslie,

Mom has fluid on her lungs and heart due to CHF for which she is taking a water pill. She is 93 and still lives on her own but this may change at some point.

How kind of you you to ask about my sweet mom.....

Hugs,

Cathy M