Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 533 - Nov 13, 2009

It looks like we'll be home tomorrow afternoon! Everything is pretty much lined up for us to go home, but I did forget to call Maxim Healthcare and get the aides scheduled to begin again. I must've been on the phone for 2 hours this morning getting it all taken care of. Phew! Glad that's all done.

And before I forget, WTOP - the top radio station in Washington DC, did a series this week concerning the situation with the military. It's titled "The War That Neve Ends" and Kevin's situation has been featured as part of the article/audio. You can view the article and listen to audio clips on their website at WTOP.com. The links are in the left column for both the Story Menu and the Audio Clips.

Oddly enough, the woman that interviewed me (Darci) was a super nice person and I got an email from her a week or so ago where she told me that it turned out that her husband was with Kevin when he was first brought in from the field and still was with him when he was flown out of Afghanistan. She said that he remembered Kevin vividly and it just goes to show exactly how small this world is, huh? I told her to thank him for taking care of my baby, because it all started with those guys/gals. I hope I get to shake his hand someday.

And it was awful hard to let Breezy drive away tonight. I am just so proud of her, but it's still going to be hard not having her there. Thanksgiving will be the first holiday that she won't be with us, but it's just not feasible for her to fly to FL. It's just gonna be different, that's all. But still - I just have to keep telling myself that I am really proud of her and she is going to do well here. We both fell in love with Texas when we were here in the beginning of it all, and who knows...maybe we'll end up here someday too.

But, in the meantime - we are going home!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You are going home! I hope you both had a safe trip. Glad to hear that Kevin is doing so well and its all uphill from here. So does this mean that there is no threat of danger for the plate and everything to come back out? ~~ Hugs, Michelle Long