Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 536 - Nov 16, 2009

Guess what?!!

NO MORE MRSA!!!

We are ecstatic!!!!!! This means that the plate will not need to come out. Any infection is GONE! GONE! GONE!

I am so thankful that I went against the doctors ideas and decided on a conservative approach. Their immediate reaction was to pull it all out and I just couldn't imagine going so far backward. Yes - there were times that I just wasn't sure this was working, BUT IT DID! We have just been dancing around the house all day!

This means that Kevin can go back to therapy next week. He wasn't allowed to until he was clear of the infection, so we are now good to go.

We did decide to take this week off though, just so we could get settled and do all the running and make all the phone calls after being gone for 2 months. I am glad I decided to do that because there are just so many things that need done and there is no way I could've done it all while running to therapy 2/3 times a day.

And now I am going to head upstairs and scrapbook a little bit.

18 comments:

Lisa D in Cali said...

Oh my God this is just the greatest news ever!! I just couldn't be happier for you all. Hooray...for mother's intuition and Hooray for no MRSA. Seriously I am jumping for joy for you all the way in California.

Anonymous said...

awesome news!! im so excited for you 2!

Gretchen said...

O.M.G.!!!! Amazing news!! You're such a smart mama - much smarter than those doctors, lol! YAY!!!!!!!

Long-time RN said...

YA-HOO! Fantastic news!

Anonymous said...

God is SO GOOD! I'm so happy for you.
Ruthie

Jodi said...

YAY!!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!
I am doing the happy dance!
Awesome news Les!

BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Lorraine said...

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! And thats all I have to say about that. God Bless. Rick and Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Woohoooooo!!!!!! So excited for you all!!!
Aj

Alison said...

YAY!!!!! I had a feeling that taking that approach would be the best way to go and I'm so glad that it worked out.

Hope that Kevin shows great progress in therapy now that he's allowed back, and hope that all the bits and pieces of phone calls and paperwork fall into place easily!!

WOO HOO!!!

sherri said...

Leslie, that's wonderful news! Sooo happy for you and Kevin. Love you.

Cathy M said...

Yipee!!!! Yeah, take some time off and then head back to therapy all rested and ready to go!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news!!!
A.

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
I am so thankful for this report...one more thing to give thanks for, this Thanksgiving, as well and now! Hallelujah!
Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm jumping for joy in Arizona too!

That is WAYYYYY cool.

Thank you Jesus!

Anita

Michelle Long said...

Wooo Hoooo!!! That is such great news!!

Jessica said...

Thank you, Jesus! I'm so thrilled that it's gone and the plate can stay!! What a weight lifted off of your shoulders. Enjoy your week off and just breathe. :)

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Anne Van Atta said...

Fantastic news, Leslie! I'm thrilled for you all!

Liz-Soldiers' Angels said...

Wow! Happy Thanksgiving early!!! I'm totally dancing in my chair. Congrats!!!