Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 531 - Nov 11, 2009

I hope everyone had a great Veteran's Day! We planned to go back to the Japanese Tea Garden today because Kevin wants to have a 'photo shoot' like we did the last time. When we got home and he saw all the pics I took on that day, he wanted to go back and do more once his drain was taken out. So we did plan to go today, but we never made it. We are going to hopefully go tomorrow now.

What we did do today was go to Breezy's work. Her bosses invited us, so we stopped in for a half hour visit or so and it just made me feel even better (if possible) about her staying here. The people in this office are just wonderful. I really liked that they offered to 'take care of my baby' once we leave - that just takes a huge load off because no matter what - after what we've been through - it's hard to have her so far away.

So she has a great place to work and a decent place to live. Now she just needs to learn how to cook, lol.

And that's something Kevin will be learning when we get home too. Just basic stuff. He already makes his eggos and peanut butter toast, but I am going to start on maybe omelets (he used to make a mean one back in the day) and simple things like that.

Oh and I forgot to tell you that yesterday, when he was in therapy, they had him doing a word search and Kevin found all of them - even the diagonals! He is usually able to do the backwards and forwards, but he has never gotten a diagonal before. The one therapist (supervisor maybe?) had him doing this and she was amazed at how well he is tracking with his eyes. She said it's not usual for someone with a severe TBI. Go Kevin!

Anyway, we are going to see the neurosurgeon tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed that he sends us home! It will be 8 weeks on Sunday since we got here...

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hey there Leslie, Kevin and Breezy! I wanted to let you all know that yesterday you were all in my thoughts and my prayers in a very special way. I remain unable to be able to thank Kevin, and you & Breezy for everything that you have done, given, sacrificed and continue to sacrifice for me, my family, this great country and our sweet precious Freedom.

To say thank you seems so inadequate. God bless you and God bless all of our brave servicemen past and present. God bless the families who are there to love and support our heroes. Without all of you, this great country could never, would never exist.

God bless America!

Hoping all goes well at the neurosurgeon today, saying extra prayers!!

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI