Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 539 - Nov 19, 2009

We had another good day today. Kevin had to go to therapy and have an evaluation done and he walked on the treadmill for 6 minutes and rode the stationary bike for 11 minutes. He did really well and he loved seeing all of his 'old friends' at the office.

After that we came home and had a quick bite to eat for lunch and then we took a bike ride over to Chris's house. (she is the Marine's mom). They live about 3 miles away and Kevin did the whole trip without a break at all (and I woulda died for a break, lol!). Chris had just ridden her bike over to visit so it worked out well that we just followed her home.

The weather was truly beautiful here today in FL and you couldn't have asked for a better day to ride bike. Here are a couple of pics that I took with my phone while out riding:




And I do agree Kevin needs an ID bracelet and I have already sent a message to find where to get one. I'm not too worried about him going on a bike ride without me knowing though. There are many things that he needs help with - even actually getting down onto the seat, but the most important thing is that his sneakers actually lock into the pedals and Kevin cannot get his right leg into the lock by himself. Truthfully, it takes me 5 minutes or so to get it in as he can't help hold his leg in place. At this point, he would not be able to get anywhere if his shoes weren't locked in as his foot just can't stay on the pedal. I'm sure as time goes on he will get more capable of doing at least some of these things by himself, but I think it will be a while.

And now I need to get the dishes done. Our dishwasher has been broken since before we left for TX and they are finally coming tomorrow to fix it. The whole family came down for dinner and there are still a few dishes that need done.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kevin looks pretty darn cool on that bike! He's going to get you in great shape. LOL! I'm so glad that it has worked out so well for him.

Thinking of you and praying for you all. Take care.