Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 527 - Nov 7, 2009

Haha. I even had the date wrong last night, lol.

So...an interesting development in our lives has occurred. Breezy has gotten a job! The only thing is - it's here in San Antonio. It's ok though. We busted our butts and found an apartment for her, got it almost all set up today and we will hopefully get the rest done tomorrow.

She starts work on Monday and she is really excited. It's a desk position at a special needs children group. She loves kids and she has a lot of experience at dealing with someone with special needs so they chose her out of a large number of applications.

Yay for Breezy!

It's going to be easier this time for her to be here instead of with us as Kevin has really come a long way in the last few months. She also fell in love with SA when we were here the first time so it's a good fit for her. I know that I feel good about this, Kevin feels good about this and Breezy feels good about this. Sounds like a winning decision if you ask me.

So my sister drove Breezy's car out here from FL yesterday and she spent the day with Kevin today while Breezy and I ran all over the place. They had a good time today and I think it's done Kev a world of good having a new face to play with.

And now I am hitting the hay. I just couldn't sleep last night so I am exhausted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Les that is great. I am sure Breezy will love her new job. And hey now if you have to come back, you always have a place to stay!
Love
Sue

Unknown said...

Absolutely great! Yea Breezy!!! It has been a very long frustrating wait, for all of you, but now she is where she feels good about the job and location. I am very happy for all of you. Just keep the good things rollin'.

Love, hugs and prayers. Always

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Breezy!! How has the drainage been? The last we heard there was none at night. Is that still the same? Michelle Long

tricia said...

Wow! That's big news! Congratulations to Breezy!!!!

Miss Em said...

Hello Leslie,

Who cares about a date.
Not me.
Yesterday, after moving a "flood pile" of fence wood from the outside pile to the interior of the small club house to make certain that it would not start disappearing; I was so tired that just being able to read that nothing bad had happened was good enough.

Anonymous 10:52A asked about the drainage. I gather from it not being mentioned that ALL is well.

Sister drove the car to Breezy. Wow! What a GREAT sis to take to the road on such short notice.
Hope that she is enjoying herself in San Antonio?
Did Kevin beat her at cards or checkers, YET?

To Breezy,
Congrats on the Job and new Apt.
Sounds like a perfect fit in both if not many ways.
Not only will you be able to assist the Kids and Parents but maybe learn a few totally different things that can help Mom and Kevin.

Breezy, enjoy San Antonio and all that it has to offer you.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Jessica said...

That's great news, Breezy! I'm glad you've found a place you feel happy in. I hope everything goes well for you, you deserve it!

I continue to pray that Kevin's drainage problem is resolved and that he can go home next week! Take care.

Lisa D in Cali said...

sounds like great news!! I'm also crossing my fingers that the drainage is still not an issue and that things continue to look up for all 3 of you.