Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 535 - Nov 15, 2009

We had a good day today. We didn't do much, but we did go for groceries as we had nothing at all in the house. After that, the whole family all came down and we had dinner and just hung out for a while.

My dad is doing well considering. My mom has also been sick for a month now so she goes for an MRI tomorrow.

Ahh...all will work out...

Other than that, nothing much happened. It's nice to be home and hopefully tomorrow we can get in the pool. We were going to today, but we were at the store too long. Kevin is just such a shopper, lol. He likes to really look around and I can't stand it. I just hate shopping. But I do it because every little thing he does helps him to become better.

I look forward to sending him in by himself again to purchase something later this week. While we were in Texas, I taught him how to use his debit card. He is awesome with numbers so he has his pin down pat, but he can never comprehend where the strip on the back of the card needs to be as each machine is different. I can see he does look at the image, but he apparently can't copy what he sees. Oh well, I will just keep working on this with him. Maybe eventually he will understand.

And now it's off to bed for me. We are both struggling with the time zone change yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think of the stimulation Kevin is getting looking at everything. And as far as the debit machine goes...I get goofed up all the time on those...THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT! LOL

I have to say that it sounds like Kevin is making good progress these days....I know it has been slow, but its coming, don't you think?

Prayers for your mom and dad too.
Anita