Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 460 - Sep 1, 2009

Today was a very slow day. It was overcast and rainy outside so both the kids just stayed in bed all day. I made a ton of phone calls and got some more paperwork done and I also made 3 scrapbook layouts today.

I did come to find out that it's looking like they don't plan to do the surgery on Kevin's head in Sept. They planned to do all those little minor things and I just don't have the heart to tell Kevin this yet. It may just push him over the edge as he has been (none too patiently) waiting for this surgery over all the others. He is going to be so devastated (and angry)!

It may come out that it is still in the works, but it's just not looking like it. I talked with Mary (FRC) about this at length today and since Dr Spence (the wonderful plastics guy that did his neck/chin) won't touch his head, we may end up going to Bethesda for it.

I still don't know much, but I expect we may have some answers tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed as I really am too scared and worried to tell Kevin the bad news.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oh no. What kind of surgery are we talking about, cosmetic stuff?

Kevin seems to be very fragile right now and I'm with you on not wanting anything to set him off. Only I don't have to deal with it. :( Hope things work out, Leslie.

Miss Em said...

Leslie,

I personally would wait until I have all the information on what, when, where and who before I let Kevin know about any surgery.

If he asks before you have the info the question, 'When are we leaving?' then you can tell him that Mary[frc] is checking on all the details and will be letting us know as soon as she finds out because Dr. Spence who did your neck and chin will NOT be able to do your head.
This way you canlook him
'straight in the eye' when you say this and he will know that you aren't fibbing. You may have to tell him this a couple of times. If you show that you are just as frustrated and unhappy as he is he may not get as mad as you think he would.
I believe from what you say here, Kevin can usually tell when someone is fibbing to him.

**********
The weather was the same here, Tuesday, and I had the day off.
Did the same as the Kids.
No one to disturb me but the cat and the cockatiel which I TOTALLY ignored.
IT WAS WOOON..DER..FUL.
Hope you may have the chance to do the same the next time that type of weather comes your way.
Fingers and toes crossed for you to have the WHOLE day in bed with a cup of warm 'Brandied Coco' and a good book to read.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.