Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 467 - Sep 8, 2009

We had a really good day today. Breezy took Kevin to his therapies and I made a ton of phone calls and got a bunch of stuff done. It was just a really productive day.

And Kevin and I whaled through 2 bags of popcorn while watching The Fast and the Furious tonight. Man, that kid can eat, lol.

I did put the GPS tracker package onto Kevin's phone today. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it though as it only narrows it down to a 2 mile radius. Every time I checked his whereabouts today it always showed him about 2 miles or so away and he was always in the next room. I just don't think it's going to help much. I will keep it though for a couple of weeks as the first 30 days are free (but of course the data plan isn't).

And now I am just going to answer a few questions. I am tired so I'm not going to do too many tonight.

Cathy M - you had asked if there was anything new on Project Victory and the answer is "No, not yet". It's on the back burner for me until we get this surgery done (?). I am looking at the beginning of the year for us to go - after all of the holidays are over.

Sgt Social Worker - you asked about what I think Kevin needs from a companion and I would say friendship (and all it entails). Someone to take him to a ballgame. Someone to sit around and watch movies/tv with him. Someone to play Xbox with him - even when they aren't here. Someone that will get in the pool and race him across. Someone that will go shopping with him. Just someone that will be there for him. Someone that will make him laugh and make him feel like more than just me, Breezy and my family care about him.

Barbara B - that is so sad that your mother didn't get to continue her PT. I really just don't understand things like that. Like with our old occupational therapist - why would you just not show up all the time? Don't these people realize how devastating it is to lose the use of an arm/leg? Grrr...

Jen - I have already thought about calling the police both times Kevin has wandered off/wanted to wander off. It's not a decision I can make lightly as there are so many ramifications. Just the feelings of betrayal that Kevin could feel could do irreparable damage to our relationship. I can't say he'll feel that, but I can't say he won't either.

If things continue on this path, who knows what I may end up doing. I just wanted to let you know that it is a thought and thanks for suggesting it.

Rhonda - I wish your son the best of luck in the Army. Kevin loved being Airborne! Matter or fact, we just watched the video tonight that we purchased of his jump schooling.

Lisa D in Cali - the look on Breezy's face in that photo kills me too. That was just such a rough time - the not knowing if Kevin would ever even know who we were...

Jodi - I hope y'all had a shot of Jack Daniels for Andrew's birthday. I sure wish things had been different.

Kristen M - I was just thinking today how much I miss all of you girls at work. I sure wish it were possible to talk to you guys a little more than I do, but just know that I love you all and miss the camaraderie of our little room in the corner so much. Tell everyone (and Travis too) 'hello'! And personally - I think you should all take the 15th-17th off and come to DC and visit me, lol.

Ok - that's it for me tonight.

1 comment:

pommom said...

Hope the card came. You are all in my prayers daily.