Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 485 - Sep 26, 2009

Kevin felt better today. So good, matter of fact, that he wanted to go shopping. So we went to the the PX store and then we went to Wal-mart for a while too. I did make him come back though and take a nap before going to dinner because I didn't want him to over-do it today and end up paying for it tomorrow.

He did really well. BUT - I did end up putting the Fentanyl patch back on him this morning. I know that Fran mentioned in the comments about all of the problems with them, but I hadn't read that first. Truthfully, once it was back on we didn't even need any of the pills so I am hoping that it stays that way. Actually, I'm hoping that once the swelling goes down and the staples are out of his head, that there will be no pain whatsoever.

But in the interim, we have an appt with a new neurosurgeon when we get home (one not associated with the VA hospital) and I want to sit down with him and go over all of these pain meds. I think we need to make some changes with them. We hate having to take medications so if we can eliminate them - all the better.

And tomorrow we are going to some sort of aquarena and we are going to ride on a glass bottomed boat. I have been wanting to get Kevin on a boat so that we can see if he gets sick or not. I know it depends on the boat for the most part, but it's still an unknown so wish us luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. The bounce back kid. I have never known anyone who could do so much after just having surgery. Most would probably still be recovering and not feel like it or want to risk infection. That is why Kevin, is Kevin. It is always good to hear when good comes out of his surgery. Prayers are answered again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Les,

Kevin looks awesome!!! I really can't say anymore...but I am so glad to see how you are hanging in there...you, too, are awesome!!!

God Bless!!

Kristen M.

Jessica said...

I hope your boat ride went well today! I'm so happy that Kevin is doing so well, even though you had to put the pain patch back on. Like you say, the neurologist might have some other options or ideas for treating the pain. Of course, we're praying the pain goes away entirely!

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!