Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 481 - Sep 22, 2009

Well, we are back in the hospital tonight. We had to be be here at 2pm to begin the admitting process and all has went well so far. This time the doc put the order in before we got here that I stay here with Kevin all night so here I am. I have my little cot made up and our favorite therapist Pam brought me some of that egg crate foam stuff to add a little cushion to this hard thing.

And speaking of Pam...Kevin and I worked on him being able to say "HI PAM" when he saw her and he did it today. Pam comes out more like Pan, but it's the attempt that counts, right?. He sure loves her lots and I have a feeling it's mutual ;-)

So tomorrow the surgery is scheduled for 8am. I will try to come on here and post an update as soon as I can. They are planning to revise his cranioplasty and graft his trach site and the wound vac in his lower abdomen area. Oh - and he will have Botox in his arm again.

It looks like we will be coming back because there are a couple of more spots that need done, but that's ok.

Oh - and I forgot to tell you that at this point they don't plan to cut Kevin's hair while performing the surgery! Have you ever heard of anything like that?! They are just going to cut along the same scar, where the hair doesn't grow, and then pull the flap down - hair and all! Amazing, huh? The doc was blunt and told Kevin that he really looks better with hair and we both appreciated his honesty as Kevin's head is just covered in scars. The funny thing is that we refrained from getting his hair cut at all in the past month or so because we thought it was going to be shaved so today I had to take Kevin for a haircut. It was just so long!

And now I am going to sign off and watch the rest of Starsky and Hutch with Kevin. Wish us luck tomorrow...

8 comments:

Linda said...

Leslie, Kevin, and Breezy,
I pray that things go as expected and even more so with Kevins surgery tomorrow! I will be thinking of you all. I think honesty from doctors is a blessing for the most part. That way you know what to expect.
I have't posted in a while but have read every day. I am SO proud of you for what all you said at the conference you attended. Those people need to know what you have to go thru daily and all of the run arounds you get from all. MORE needs to be done for all the caregivers of our wounded soldiers.
You are an inspiration to all mothers on how you are handling this situation. God Bless you and your family!

Long-time RN said...

Thoughts and prayers, Leslie and Kevin.

Jess said...

Good luck today Kev!! I'll be thinking and praying for you today. Love all three of you.

Jess

Anonymous said...

We are still out here praying for all of you. Hope everything goes well. Melissa Ion

Anonymous said...

We pray that everything goes wonderful today! Can't wait to hear how everything went. Hugs to you!
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Jodi said...

Good luck today with the surgery! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!
I love you guys!
BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Cathy M said...

Good luck today!

Catherine said...

sending my thoughts and prayers your way my dear!! love ya!!