Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 474 - Sep 15, 2009

Kevin could have cared less that I left today. Matter of fact, he and Breezy were joking about having a party at the house - just like they used to do. I so wish that they really were planning a party (and I am probably the only parent to say something like that, lol).

Seriously though - Breezy said he is already asleep and she hopes he sleeps through the night. I hope so for her sake too.

I am getting a little nervous. The room is HUGE where this will be held and we aren't technically supposed to write a speech (even though I did) - we are just supposed to speak like normal. I am planning to take the 'speech' up with me and glance at it to keep the necessary points flowing.

Wish me luck tomorrow And now I am actually going to bed. And it's only 10:38!!!!!

PS - Michelle - Kevin is having his head fixed (among other things). He hates that it is so indented and has been waiting months for it to look normal. I believe his trach site will also be fixed, and a few other little spots.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck, tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do just fine. Enjoy exploring the city and try not to worry too much.

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery is still on! The last surgery made such a difference, I hope this one will as well.

I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well for you and for Breezy and Kevin. Take care!

The Rock said...

Leslie Kevin and you and Breezy are always in my prayers ! Always
Hugs
Petra
Soldiers Angel

Gretchen said...

I know you'll do awesome, Les! Wish I was there to cheer you on. At least Kevin's doing well without you - I'm sure that's one less stress-inducer, even if you still have to give a "speech", lol. Love you, Les. :)

Long-time RN said...

Good Luck! Safe travels and loads of good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be fine - more than fine. you are going to be AWESOME. you truly have a story to tell and everyone there should sit up and listen to it.

GOOD LUCK! Don't be nervous - pretend you're speaking to the crowd at Brady . . . .

Thoughts and prayers for strength,courage, and a stable voice,

Hallie

Jodi said...

GOOD LUCK LES!!!!
You will do great!
And get some rest while you can!

BIG HUGS AND ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!
Andrew's Aunt Jodi

Kris said...

GO LESLIE GO!!!! Extra special, extra big Angel Hugs are on their way to you right now!!!

Miss Em said...

Leslie,

Know you will be the "big hit" for this conference.

Your non-professional hands-on journey will hopefully give some insight into what would help those who are now struggling with their own journey through this field of land mines.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Unknown said...

Lesley ~ As all have said before, what is most admirable and amazing is that you speak from the heart. Do that. I know you will be on spot excellent, because you are passionate about what you have to say. May the love and light you Breezy and Kevin share be enlightening to those who will be listening. Best of all luck, and my prayers follow.

Love,hugs, prayers...always

Anonymous said...

Ditto what everyone else said. It appears that Sen. McCain is still scheduled to speak. This is such a wonderful opportunity to get your story out. You are going to shine and I can't see how anyone who hears your story will walk away unmoved.

Hugs,

Cathy M

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us posted on Kevin's progress. WHAT A MIRACLE!! Those words do not cover the magnitude of your travels, your journey. I am overwhelmed by your endurance, patience and strength.

I am in AWE of Kevin's progress... which, without YOU I cannot imagine. You are GOD'S ANGEL ON EARTH!!!!!!!

God Bless You and keep you and yours in the palm of His hand!
KEVIN IS A TRUE WARRIOR!

My thoughts and prayers as you press on!
(((((((HUGS)))))))
Linda