Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 478 - Sep 19, 2009

Well unfortunately Kevin really couldn't handle his mini vacation. He wanted to go home as soon as we got up this morning, so that's pretty much what we did. It's so hard to understand why he does so well sometimes and so poorly other times. Like his Purple Heart Ceremony - who would've ever thought that he could withstand all of that stimulation and yet this was not even as active as that and he wanted to be in his room the whole time. Who knows...I just know it's very difficult to always have to sit in the room with him, missing out on all of the fun. For example - this group of guys got all of us moms massages and I couldn't even get one. It was such a bummer.

But it is what it is, I guess. And I am fully aware that it could have been worse.

I learned yesterday of another mother that was in DC last week testifying before Congress of the problems with some of the staff at the VA. Her son was also on the same ward so I guess I'm not the only one that has seen the problems. Maybe the folks that need to will start opening their eyes to what is really going on with a few members of their staff.

So other than that, nothing happened today. Anthony is going home in the morning and the three of us are heading to Texas in the afternoon. And now I am going to sign off and try to get everything packed in between all the "moms" that are screamed tonight. He's watching a movie right now so I might have a chance...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God speed.......have a safe trip !

Lorraine said...

Safe trip will be praying that the surgery is everything you need it to be.
Rick & Lorraine
ps we rescued a kitty from outside this past week he is a cutey he doesnt know yet he is a lucky kitty my other cat is not so thrilled. And I am also taking a kitten from my son that an outside cat had. It will be interesting with my 2 cockatiels since they fly around when we are home.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried making him stay when he don't want to?
He needs to know you are the one who is incontrol.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am sorry things did not go quite as you had hoped with the mini vacation. It hurt to hear the disappointment in your voice.

I was curious if you have been in contact with the woman who testified in front of Congress? Do you think you could somehow become even more involved in being a voice for our injured vets? (In your copious spare time, of course).

I can't help but feel the stars are lining up for more involvement for you in the future. Your name is getting out there more and more - kind of a snowball effect. Do you feel it, too?

Sending an "air massage" your way!

Cathy M

Anonymous said...

Hi Les, Hope and pray that all goes well for you and the surgery is safe and all that Kev is hoping for. I think of you guys all the time honey and hope you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya, Pam