Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 794 - Aug 1, 2010

We had a pretty nice day today. Breezy and Chris came over for dinner - it's been quite a while since they did that as they were packing and moving and couldn't get away.

We are having a bit of a jealousy issue though. A couple of weeks ago Kevin got very angry at me because the background on my computer was of just Breezy. He was upset because he wasn't in the photo.

Then today he was angry because I was mainly talking to her at the dinner table and he got up and went to his room - slamming the door of course.

I'm not really sure where this is all coming from lately. I suppose it could be because I rarely leave him and Breezy hasn't been coming over as much. I really need to get out more and I am hoping to work on it some tomorrow. Johnny will be here and I am going to send him and Kevin out. Kevin has agreed to go (amazing!!) and now I just need to think of a place to send them. It can't be far as Johnny hasn't went anywhere with Kevin yet so hopefully I will come up with something asap.

It could also be that he can't really 'join' in on the conversation too. I don't know...I just hope this all goes away soon. Not liking the angry fits...

4 comments:

Miss Em said...

I think if you refer to them as 'frustration' fits you might find that many of them make sense.

Miss Em

Cathy M said...

Here is my pop psychology comment. Perhaps he is acting this way because he has no real control over his life and the only control he has is over you.I suspect that as you try to get him more independent by getting out more without him and by paying attention to others more than him, this behavior will continue. This might mean that you are at a crossroads where you have to either go back to total 100 percent involvement with Kevin or push through to get yourself and Kevin more independent. In a weird way, this might not be a bad thing. I am all for you and Kevin becoming a little more independent of each other - probably a good thing.

Lacey said...

He could go to a local park and feed the ducks. I know it sounds corny, but my boyfriend loves doing that and it's something small and doesn't really cost anything other than taking bread.

Long-time RN said...

It must be so frustrating not being able to verbally express thoughts clearly and participate fully in discussions.

You're expoloring a lot of different ideas to increase Kevin's independence. Hopefully he'll adapt and adjust over time and this will allow you some necessary re-grouping/relaxing time and give Kevin a sense of accomplishment.