Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 811 - Aug 18, 2010

Kevin has been sleeping for hours already. We completely wiped him out today. First his therapists worked him really hard (their words) because they feel he can do it. I was happy because he only called me one time to come back and explain what he was trying to say - they are starting to understand him and how he communicates - and I just really want him to be more independent. I am thinking that soon I will be able to try dropping him off and going somewhere while he has therapy. Of course, we may end up starting over once the plate is put in as we don't know how long it will be before he can go back to therapy, but we'll see.

But anyway, after we left therapy we went and had a quick bite to eat. We really had to eat quickly though because we decided to see a movie and it was starting in an hour. Traffic here in SA is always an issue so we needed extra time to get there as it was the 5:00 showing. We made it just in time though and I got Kevin all situated and run back and get his snacks and still got to see a few of the previews.

Did you all know there is a Jackass 3D coming out? Yikes! Can't stand that stuff, but Kevin loves it. Looks like he and Johnny will have to see this one on their own.

After all that, I was too tired and wanted to go home. I needed to grab a few groceries, but opted to wait until tomorrow. Kevin wanted to go shopping, but I held firm and we just went home. He fell asleep pretty quickly after we got here and has been sleeping since. Poor kid.

And now I think I am going to try to get some sleep. Might as well take advantage, right?

2 comments:

Mary Neal said...

Gee that's a switch Leslie! YOU wanting to go home and KEVIN wanting to go shopping! LOL

GrannieEv said...

The speech thing yesterday - gr8. I contacted the lady about the essential oils to see what she thought about any of them helping Kevin get to sleep. She hasn't answered back yet but she is running a business, after all. I gave her the link to your blog in case she has time to check it out. I know Marge, she won't commit to anything she's not comfortable with and I'd think she'd be a bit uneasy about his meds and any reactions. We'll just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Take care.