Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 809 - Aug 16, 2010

Ahhh...vacation was nice! We really had a good time in Galveston and we both look forward to the next time Moe gets to come. Unfortunately, she had to go home today, but she does get another week's vaca before the end of the year. I think we will just end up sticking around home then though as the holidays will be close.

Obviously we don't really have many pics (1 to be exact) of us together on vacation, but here is one that a stranger took at Moody Gardens:



So I talked to the neurosurgeon today and it looks like Kevin's surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday. YAY!! We are trying to figure out when to fit in all the pre-op tests now as no appointment had been made and both our schedules and the surgeon's are filled up. I guess I can move things around on our end, and I guess he will have to too.

Kev had therapy today too and did really well. He is having a blast with the therapists there and they seem to play off of his jokes pretty well too. I like how they work with him on speech and cognitive function at the same time they are stretching him and having him peddle the bike.

And now I am going to leave you with a few more photos. You will just love the one, hehe.

This one is of Kevin, Chris and Breezy:


This is me and the kids with Moe:


And this one is of Kevin messin' around sticking his butt out and both Breezy and Moe made like they were going to grab him. It was just so hilarious!



We are such a weird family, huh? LOL!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No you are not a weird family.....You guys seem to always be on top of your game and squeeze in some fun while pressing on. You are an AMAZING family!!

Glad to hear that the surgery is on schedule, and that Kevin is doing so well in therapy. I'll be keeping him in my prayers for the best outcome ever.

Breezy and Chris are just adorable. Can you imagine your new grandbaby....beautiful!

I'm happy that you took the weekend for yourself. I hope it was truly relaxing. There's nothing like a best friend to hang with!!

Great photos! Thanks for including them.
Anita

Lisa said...

You are a wonderful family!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for both of you that Moe got to come and visit and the two of you were able to get time together. Love the pix. Take care. Kiss Kev for me. We will continue to pray for all of you as always.
Melissa Ion

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend with Moe! Wow- can you believe Kevin's surgery is so close! Thanks for sharing all of the fun pictures too! :)
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Kris said...

Weird?! Are ya kidding me?! NO WAY!! Great pics and I'm so glad that you had fun on your mini vacation!! Hope that you are able to do that again SOON. Breezy looks GREAT!!!

Staying tuned about the surgery.

God bless you all.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Tracey from Pgh. said...

I love it!!! What fun!

Miss Em said...

Hello Leslie, Kevin and all,

There is NOTHING weird about your family.
Humor makes always makes thing better.
Glad to hear that the 2 days were "WONDERFUL".
Yea!! Surgery scheduled. I know that you'll get everything in order just as soon as you make phone calls.
Breezy looks great and Chris is such a handsome fellow that the Grandbaby can't help but be a heart stealer.
Thanks for sharin the pics.

Tell Kevin for me to keep up the good work because he is lookin --- GOOD.

Miss Em

Long-time RN said...

So glad to read of a good time on your trip!

Everyone above has captured my sentiments in their comments. Good to read the surgery is scheduled. Lots to do in a short time frame!

All of you look wonderful, great photos!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad your vacation went well and that you enjoyed your time off. I've been thinking of you and praying for Breezy and Kevin while you were gone. Sounds like things went well!

Yay! Finally a surgery date!

Love the photos! If your family is weird, then my family is too! lol!

I'll be thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers! Take care.