Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 816 - Aug 23, 2010

Well we are all settled into the hospital. Kevin's surgery is first case in the morning and I am estimating him leaving his room around 7am or so. The surgeon said he should be done around noon with the cranioplasty, but I don't know if the Botox is following or if they are doing it at the same time. We shall see, I guess.

So they tell me the plate is beautiful. This one was built to replace the fatty tissue and muscle that was lost when Kev landed on his head - it's what should have been done the first time at the VA in FL and all of this is because it wasn't done right back then. I am so anxious to see what he looks like after the surgery.

Kevin is skeptical. He doesn't believe it will look as good as they say because he thought that the last time. It's amazing that he can remember that - but not what he wants to tell me if I take my time getting to his room. So strange, huh?

So anyway, it's like a family reunion here, lol. Everyone is so excited to have Kevin back at BAMC and they are all coming in and visiting and playing quick games with him on his iPad. He is just lapping it all up. It makes me happy ;-)

And now I am going to sign off and read while the lights are allowed on. I will post as soon as I can after his surgery and let y'all know how it went. Wish us luck!

11 comments:

Alison said...

Hope the new plate is better than the old plate & that there are NO SETBACKS this time -- let's get that recovery train back up to speed and start rolling right along! Will think positive thoughts in regards to the surgery and send good vibes to the team and to Kevin.

Gretchen said...

Praying for you both! Love you!

Jess said...

Good luck Kev! I'll be thinking about you, your in my prayers love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord please be with Kevin and guide the Doctors hands and minds, and everyone who has anything to do with the surgery.

Long-time RN said...

Lots of prayers for you both!

Anonymous said...

Today's the day!!! :) Saying extra prayers for all of you and for everyone involved in Kevin's surgery this morning.
Hope the morning goes quickly for you and can't wait to hear how everything went.
Take care.
Hugs to you!
Kathy in IA

Kris said...

Good luck today! Special thoughts and prayers coming your way in extra quantities. God bless you all.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

YES, today is the day! I'll be praying for you both, and all those involved in this procedure. Also for the best possible outcome.
I'm excited the day is here.

Continued prayers ....
Anita

Anonymous said...

Praying for you today!!
AJ

bearlythr said...

Praying for everyone...the surgeons,nurses and especially Kevin and you.
Janna

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers...
A.