Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 804 - Aug 11, 2010

Yay! Moe is here! Her flight got in on time this morning and we just gabbed all day.

Kevin was supposed to go to therapy today, but he wasn't feeling well (he was in a lot of pain today) so we just stayed home and he barely got out of bed. I hate to say it, but in a way I was glad (not that he was in pain - just that we didn't have to go today). It was going to be a tight stretch to get dinner done if we had went to therapy.

And Mike and Cat came for said dinner and we had a great time. They were both such great people! It's strange to have another East Bradyite here in San Antonio, right?

So I know this post is out of whack, but I am exhausted. I didn't sleep at all last night and it has caught up to me. Moe's been sleeping about an hour already, but Kev is still raring to go. I am hoping to hit somewhere in the middle real quick - you know...that place where you are just almost sleeping, but not quite? Maybe Kevin will be cool with that. I don't know though. He is still in quite a bit of pain so we'll see. He didn't even eat dinner and he loves stuffing!

So I would like to ask a favor of sorts - one of the guys from the hospital in Tampa, Anthony, is in a tough spot. He had surgery and subsequently got a pretty bad infection...could y'all keep him in your thoughts? The next 72 hours are the most critical and I feel confident that he will be just fine, but still...it would be appreciated.

5 comments:

karen said...

I'm sending good thoughts to Anthony in Tampa. And to Kevin for his pain. Pain Sucks!!! And to you ... for sleep, of some sort or another.

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts and prayers for Anthony as well as all of you !
Rest well Leslie.....hoping Kevin has a better day

Anonymous said...

Keeping Anthony in my prayers. I feel prayers, more then thoughts are most helpful. Hoping Kevin is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Have they never subscribed a sleeping pill for Kevin? Seems like this would be the answer for you to get some rest if he is knocked out.

Jessica said...

I've been praying for Anthony and hope he's soon cleared of that infection!

Enjoy your time with Moe! I hope that Kevin is feeling better and was able to fall asleep. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.