Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 670 - Mar 30, 2010

Kevin spent the bulk of the afternoon alone today. I had to go and buy furniture if it was ever going to be delivered on time. I hate having to do this again, but when weighing the cost of packing up and moving things from FL to TX and then back again, it ends up being substantially cheaper to just buy new and just sell it when we leave.

One thing I will say is that the apartment will be on the sparse side. I am only purchasing the necessities and that's it. No curtains, no decorations, nothing. I got a couch, chair, ottoman, tv stand, tv, table and 4 chairs. I have a bed at Breezy's I can get and I will have to buy another if Kevin can't get a hospital bed. That's it for furniture and then I need to get all the normal stuff yet from Walmart - towels, plates, silverware, etc. I can't get any of that though until the day I get the keys (April 8). My car is already loaded to the gills with some of the stuff I had my sis bring when she brought the car.

So Kevin was pretty sick most of the day today and although the anti-vert worked well yesterday, he really didn't get up much again today. It's just such a bummer. He has also been in extreme pain today too. I am noticing he needs more and more to get through the day. This worries me some. I haven't seen anyone from pain management since the time Kevin was in ICU, but I am thinking it may be necessary soon. I guess I will check into it tomorrow.

And now I am going to get packed up to go home from the hospital. I gotta get up early and try to find a washer/dryer. I looked at a few used ones today and now I am going to head to the Sears Outlet. I could care less about dings/scratches/refurbished, I just need high capacity because Kevin vomits all over his bedding so frequently.

Send those 'good appliance deal' vibes my way please...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/app/1670147046.html

I don't know how much washers and dryers go for these days, but it might be a deal to get a cheap one on craigslist and then rent a truck to move it.

Miss Em said...

Leslie,

Be sure to check out some of the Hospital Furnishing Rental Co. for Kevin's hospital bed.

Don't know if you need to have that cleared through the VA but it is an idea for Kevin's Bed.

Also Check on the site that Bonnie gave you for craigslist because you may also find a hospital bed there.

Good Luck.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Prayers are rising on Sage smoke to the Creator's Ear.