Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 665 - Mar 25, 2010

I had a chat today with the PA, one of the doctors here and the new case manager and we all agreed that Kevin needs to begin TBI therapy here at the hospital when he is discharged. YAY! Cognitive therapy here we come! I am really looking forward to seeing what accomplishments come forth from Kevin having regular TBI therapies.

We also discussed that Kevin should be able to go home pretty soon, but I don't have anywhere to take him yet so he will have to stay put for a bit. His kidneys have improved about 5% bringing him up to an 80% function level. They have removed him from IV fluids and the nephrologist believes that Kevin's kidneys will get back up to 100% soon and I so hope he's right.

Kevin did feel better overall today too. He did vomit some this morning and he was nauseous a good bit of the day, but his mood was much improved. He's still not the Kevin he was before the plate was removed, but I guess I shouldn't expect him to be.

And now I am so going to bed. I only got an hour and a half of sleep last night and I am so tired that my eyes are droopy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are improving and that Kevin feels better.
Great news that Kevin's kidneys will hopefully get back up to 100%! Hope you find something soon in the living situation.
Have a good weekend! :)
Kathy in IA

Anonymous said...

Great news!
A.