Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 648 - Mar 8, 2010

Kevin did a little bit better this evening. He tried to get up this afternoon, but he was really dizzy. I did talk him into trying again though by bribing him with the restaurant of his choice for dinner and it worked. He did get up (slowly) and he and I went to eat (we are back to going at 'off' times so the restaurants are not busy). He handled it well, but he was soaked with sweat by the time we got home and he was in some pain. I'm just not sure this new pain regimen is working. And I just wish I knew what the pain was stemming from too. Is it a fluid issue? Or sinus pressure? Or just general surgical pain? I just don't know.

And to change the subject - we did end up giving Princess away. My niece took her as a trial run and I haven't heard yet how it's going. Kevin was quite sad, but the cat had been home alone for weeks now and it was ripping the house apart. It really just wasn't fair to the cat and we know we won't be home for quite some time so it was the right thing to do.

And that's about it for today. I hope he feels even better tomorrow...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear you had to give up Princess. I was hoping somehow she could go live with you and Kevin in Texas. But I'm glad that she has a good home and is still part of the family. I feel so bad for Kevin having to give her up on top of everything else going on.

I'm glad that Kevin was able to get out to a restaurant for a change of scenery. I'm praying that the doctors will be able to make the adjustments needed to control his pain. And I'm still praying you guys find a place to live asap! Take care.