Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 644 - Mar 4, 2010

We are still in the hospital. I guess things weren't lined up for us to go home so we had to stay another night. I have an appt at 9am tomorrow though to learn how to handle the Picc Line and meds. From there we will head over to the Fisher House and continue on.

I have been working on lining up a place for us to live. Now that Kevin is discharged from the Army, our only option is the FH and that really just doesn't work for someone that has Kevin's disabilities. It's a wonderful place though and soooo appreciated, but, since we will be here for quite a long time, another plan is in order.

And guess who else showed up at BAMC last night? Remember Joel and his parents Maritza and Jose? Yep! Joel flew in from FL yesterday and is here to have some graft work done. Kevin and I went and visited in Joel's room both last night and today and it's just so nice to all be together again. We haven't seen them much at all since we left the VA hospital in FL last May.

Anyway, that's about it for today. I think I am going to go and finish my newest David Baldacci book. Goodness that man can write!

Oh and to those that asked - yes, please send all mail to Breezy. I don't know how long we will be here and I know Breezy will be there for a long while yet, lol.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Leslie, Kevin & Breezy!

Here's to the hope that you will be discharged today! Also hope things went well with learning the picc line this morning.

AWESOME video of Kevin getting the movie, he looked SO PSYCHED!! He really does look great!!

Hope your search for a place goes well.

God bless you all, there are thoughts, prayers, support and loads of Angel Hugs coming your way, every single day.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Jessica said...

Kevin looks so much better than I expected him to in the video and I loved his reaction! How cool that you were able to see Joel and his parents again and I hope you get to see them more often now to ease the loneliness.

I hope you can get a new place to live very soon. I can't imagine Kevin living so close to a crying baby!

You're in my thoughts and prayers. How are your parents doing? They're in my prayers, as well. Take care.