Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 650 - Mar 10, 2010

Today has been a pretty crappy day. Kevin is feeling somewhat better, I think because they realized he had too much of the antibiotic in his system and we stopped giving it to him. I have to take him over for a blood draw tomorrow afternoon. Once we find out his levels, we will begin again.

But I had a VERY trying day. I don't want to talk about it really, but I will say that it is very tiring and very frustrating having to fight everyone to get Kevin taken care of the way he deserves to be.

Anyway, I am not really in a very good mood so I am going to just go to bed early.

Before I go though - Janet - we did go look at the Operation Homefront Apts today and we almost ended up next door to Matt! We had to decline though because it only has a bathtub (instead of a walk-in shower) and Kevin really struggles to get into one. It was also on the second floor and I worried about "having to" do the steps. Bummer, as I was hoping to adopt Matt into the fold and make sure he was well fed, lol.

Did you all know that it's nearly impossible to find an apartment with a walk-in shower?

2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Now you'd think apartments around such a facility would have features such as a walk-in shower. Makes too much sense, I guess.

Sorry you're facing frustrations with Kevin's care. Hope tomorrow is a better day. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day. So frustrating that such a simple thing as a walk in shower isn't available where you need it.

I hope today's blood draw helps to figure out the proper levels for Kevin. I'm glad he's feeling a little better.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!