Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 653 - Mar 13, 2010

Kevin's kidneys are doing much better today. They are flushing his system with fluids and it has made quite a difference. They did start him back on the vanc, at a much lower rate and it will only run 2 hours instead of 24. I believe they plan to slowly increase it to where it needs to be to combat the MRSA.

He was feeling so much better this afternoon. We went down for lunch (and he even walked and it's pretty far to the cafeteria) and he did really well. He only had one pain pill both yesterday and today too - both times when he was up out of bed. It really just looks like he is going to be doing a lot of laying around until the plate is put back in his head. I can only assume it's a fluid issue, but who really knows.

And due to the laying around - Kevin has gained 14 pounds in the past month! He needs new pants again, but I haven't been able to get to the store to buy them yet. Maybe I can go one day this week.

I am going to answer a few questions tonight too. I have been slow to do this lately and I apologize.

First Janna - you sure may visit once you get moved to New Mexico. How exciting that move will be for you!

To the anon person whose sister was on Methadone - I am so sorry that she was hurt so badly. Thanks so much for the info, I always like hearing bits of information as you never know when you will need it.

Armymom - I asked Kev if he remembered Josh, but I didn't have any pics with me to show him who that was. I backed all of my photos onto an external drive and they are all in FL. Kevin did say 'hi' back though, lol. Is Josh still in Germany? Or was he deployed again?

Debbie C Beham - Breezy is out of town with her boyfriend this weekend, but I will have her check her mail on Monday. I am anxious to see what book you have sent.

Ok, going to watch a movie with Kevin (The Replacements - love it!) and then head back to the Fisher House. I am still leaving him at night here by himself, but he called me all night last night. I didn't sleep a wink, but obviously neither did he, lol.

3 comments:

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

Have you ever checked with the Yellow Ribbon Fund to help you guys get an apartment paid for? Let me know if you need a phone number.

Jessica said...

I'm relieved to hear that Kevin's doing better. That's great he only needed one pain pill! Let's hope that continues.

I'll be praying for you both, that Kevin continues to improve and that you'll be able to get an apartment soon. You've got a lot on your plate and I'm praying God will continue to supply you with the strength and resources you need. Take care of yourself, too!

Miss Em said...

Hi Leslie,

Been keeping up with the reading but not commenting a lot but always saying a prayer for you and Kevin before the day is out.

The last couple of weeks here have been going so much like a merry-go-round that I keep feeling that I am going to miss leaping from one ride to the next.

Smiled when I read that Kevin is gaining weight again and needs new pants. Just couldn't help but remember when we were all praying that we wanted him to gain a few pounds so he could have the energy to heal.

Now, go to one of the on-line stores for men and just order the pants in. When they arrive, give the box to Kevin and tell him that its for him. Maybe when you order the pants a new T-shirt with a great front would find its way into the box too. [Surprises are nice.]
Just a suggestion to help with the stress and difficulties of the day.

Thought of you and Kevin all day long to accompany the Prayers for Healing and Comfort.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.