Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 659 - Mar 19, 2010

Kevin was pretty sick today. I am hoping it's just the Nexium loss, but we'll see. They did put him back on it tonight so tomorrow we will know for sure. He couldn't even get out of bed today at all though. He was just nauseous and drained and flat out sickly - poor kid.

Unfortunately his kidneys went backward a bit today. I'm not sure why and I didn't see the nephrologist (sp) today so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it was just a fluky thing so we'll see that tomorrow too.

They did start him on the other powerful oral antibiotic so I suppose it could be that.

He hasn't been eating much at all either. That right there tells you there is something wrong - that kid eats like a horse.

I asked the PA today if he thought the docs would allow me to take Kevin to look at an apartment next week (if I find one). He thought it wouldn't be a problem if a physical therapist could go with us (Oh Pam? Our favoritest therapist...?). This way I will see if Kevin is going to be able to handle the ride to the one I choose. If he can't, well we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

And speaking of Pam, yesterday Kevin went on a 'date' with her, lol. She came in to do therapy at dinner time so the three of us went down to the cafeteria together. She made a joke about it being a date and Kevin pretended they were holding hands and acting all lovey dovey. It was so funny. She sure holds a special place in his heart - you should hear him clearly say "I love you, Pam".

And that's about it for tonight. I want to go watch some TV on the internet so I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Kevin is really having a rough go with the kidneys and stomach. Hope he's doing better and the source for both is found. All this plus trying to find a place to live has to be wearing. I'd think the facility would provide a list of 'user friendly' apartments or quality accomodations for family members of treating warriors. Wouldn't that make sense?
Thinking of you. Prayers for you and Kevin.

Jessica said...

Kevin must be feeling pretty awful if he won't eat! My heart goes out to him. That's pretty sweet about his "date" with Pam. What a wonderful lady she must be. I'm so thankful she's there.

I hope he's feeling better today with the Nexium and I'm praying that his kidneys are improving. Thinking of you both and praying for things to improve.