Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 643 - Mar 3, 2010

Kevin got moved back up to the fourth floor today. Yay! It looks like we will be discharging tomorrow too.

Now I move on to more concerns, a couple of them being staying at the Fisher House because we know Kevin needs his room super cold and can't handle a lot of noise (did I mention there is a newborn baby next door? Acckk!!) and also the fact that he will be on 24 hour IV antibiotic drip. I am concerned about this because it appears you need two thumbs to hook/unhook the thing and I did something to my left thumb back in December. I believe it's broken, but with no insurance I can't say for sure. There is definitely bone sticking where it shouldn't be and my one joint keeps coming out of place. Who knows, but I definitely can't do much with it.

And now I am going to leave you guys with a video of Kevin opening Jesse's gift. It was taken with my phone so it's not real big.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Kevin was moved back to fourth floor and he will be discharging! :)
Sorry to hear about your thumb. Would something like a plyers work for the drip? Do you have to change it every 24 hrs?
I hope things work out at the F.house or are able to stay somewhere else that is quiet.
Thanks for sharing the video! Kevin looks so happy! Thank you Jesse! :)
Have a great day!
Kathy in IA

Tracey from Pgh said...

Kevin looks really good!

Anonymous said...

Jessi not sure If I've ever met you but you are a wonderful person:) to see that smile on Kevin's face after what he has been through lately. It made me cry. words cannot say how appreciated your kindness is.

Tracy A. Jack

Long-time RN said...

Kevin looks great in the video! High five to Jesse! The thumb injury doesn't sound so good, Leslie. Be sure to tell the staff who's teaching you about the IV changes about this. One of them may have suggestions or ideas to compensate for your 'disability'. Heck, I guess Kevin may be discharged before you read this.

Sounds like life at Fisher House could be a little testy. Sure hope things work out and the environment is quiet for Kevin.

Quick question, should mail be sent to Breezy's address or is there an address for Fisher House?