Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 666 - Mar 26, 2010

I am so happy with our new case manager. She was able to get us moved from the one Fisher House we were in to an older one that only has 8 families in it. I went and checked it out today and it was just so quiet over there. I think there are only 4 families there right now anyway and only 1 of them has children. I am led to believe the kids are older so it should be a better experience.

So at midnight I will be heading over to pack our things and get it all moved. Tomorrow night I will have to clean the room that we are currently in spotless so I may not write too much tomorrow night (or tonight really).

I am hearing that Kevin will probably be discharged early next week. I sure hope this FH works because we can't move into our apartment until April 8.

Yep - you heard me! I found an apartment! It's beautiful, in a secluded area, has an elevator, has hardwood floors for his wheelchair, has a walk in shower in the master, we are on the top floor so no noise from above and they have something in the walls guaranteeing you won't hear your neighbors on either side. It's expensive, but they all are that can fit all of Kevin's needs. I am just thankful to have found one and now I can put this stressor (I am making up words apparently this week, lol) to bed.

Gotta run - it's midnight exactly!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Things are looking up! :)
Have a great weekend, you deserve it!
Take care,
Kathy in IA

Gretchen said...

You're my hero, Les! You pretty much rock. Love and hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH...I hate to see you constantly have to go through something! Hoping you can get back to some type of routine soon.
Love Ya
Sue

aggie said...

YEAH! So gald you found an alternative Fisher House and an apratment that works for Kevin ( and you!). Hugs!

Jessica said...

Yay! So glad that something good has happened for you and Kevin. The apartment is an answer to my prayers as is Kevin's improved kidney function. It sounds like a good prognosis for him. Big sigh of relief!

I'm thinking of you both and keeping you in my prayers. Tonight will be prayers of thanks and praise! Take care.

Anonymous said...

You are not making up words:

stres·sor (strsr)
n.
An agent, condition, or other stimulus that causes stress to an organism.


stressor [ˈstrɛsə]
n
an event, experience, etc., that causes stress

And btw, you are wonderful.